Volume 2 | Epilogue

"That event was certainly interesting, wasn't it?"

"What do you want... Sakayanagi?"

"Fufu~ why, I just wanted to see how the lower classes were doing. How does it feel, masterpiece?"

"They chose to get me involved, so it was obvious Class D would come out on top. Although, it does make me wonder what would happen if I wasn't involved."

"Fufu~ how amusing... you're the type of person to reflect and think of alternative universes, Ayanokōji-kun?

"Sometimes, if I am bored." 

The wind blew through my hair as I watched the sun slowly dip beneath the horizon.

"Very well. I feel like as if you're getting weak, being more considerate. ... How was my father? He told me you met earlier."

"He was considerate, and had no ill intentions towards me as far as I could tell. Oh, I'd like to talk more, but people are approaching me. Farewell, Sakayanagi."

I quickly turned off my phone and slipped into one of my inner blazer pockets, and face the people approaching me.

"Ayanokōji Kiyotaka, is it?"

Ah, I recognise that voice. And that hair. The height? Similar to mine, perhaps a little taller than me.

"Setting up a camera earlier? Were you the mastermind behind it?" Ryūen spoke with slight praise in his voice, amidst his wide grin. "It surely was something funny. Making them surrender via manipulation"

"I don't know what you're talking about. If you're looking for people who did the heavy lifting, it's Ichinose or perhaps Horikita from Class D. I was just there as a backup."

"But sometimes backups are more deadly than the first strike."

"Maybe in your book--"

It seemed I had offended one of Ryūen's goons as a fist came flying towards my face. I stepped to the side to dodge it.

"Hold your ground, Albert. The next time the classes are pitted against each other, I'll be your opponent. Just you wait."

"Well, this will certainly be interesting," I reply. "I'm sure Ichinose and Kanzaki would love to test their skills against you."

"Tch." Ryūen turned around and walked away without looking back. "Bloody annoying you are. I'll enjoy squashing you. Don't you dare lose to anyone before I trample on you."

...

You wish.

But if you choose to mess with me...

Then I'll gladly take on the challenge.

As I know that for sure, I will come out on top.

If you can provide me a challenge, I'll be grateful.

Because if you do so, I might finally be able to taste the taste of a deserved victory. A win, you could say.

Because in this world, winning is everything...

As long as I win in the end...

That's all that matters...

.

And thus concludes Volume 2.

Right, the good ol' deserted island awaits. This is where the story can really start to move ;)

But that's the least of my worries currently, I'm going to sleep now. 

So, good night/morning/afternoon/breakfast/lunch/dinner/supper/day/evening/whatever and remember to stay hydrated!

And before I go:

I DO NOT OWN CLASSROOM OF THE ELITE

[Published: July 15, 2022]