Chapter 1: Confliction, Confession, Chaos

It's been quite a long time, Wattpad. It's been about 79 days, actually.

"Hey you guys, what are you doing here?"

It's one warm summer afternoon and the whole of the first year is in turmoil. 

I say 'the whole of the first year', but I mostly mean 'lower half of the first year.'

Apparently, a fight broke out between Sudō from Class D and three other students from Class C. No other information has been transported to Class B.

Class A has currently not revealed anything on the matter, staying secluded while for my class... 

"Sorry to call you out so suddenly. Do you have some time? Oh, but if you're here on a date, please get out quickly."

"It's nothing like that," came the snappy reply of one of the few people I recognise from Class D, Horikita Suzune. I've never heard her respond so fast, but I guess there's a first for everything.

"Haha~ I see. This place is too hot to be a date spot anyway."

The boy next to Horikita is Class D's representative, Hirata Yōsuke. A boy known between boys as a 'girl magnet'. 

Our parties are currently in the vicinity where the incident was said to have taken place. 

Surprisingly, I have not seen a single camera in the hall where the incident has taken place. Which makes it a perfect staging ground for accidents to happen.

My current, and probably correct, view on the situation is that this whole affair was some plot to degrade Class D's already low standard. That's probably what other people are thinking, but there is no evidence to prove it correct. People can claim what they want, and be seen as correct, if no other party has evidence against them. 

"Do you have any business with us?"

Horikita is immediately wary of us two from Class B.

"Nothing much. We're just wondering around~"

"I see."

"You two are from Class D, aren't you?"

I glance over to Ichinose, sending her a gaze that tells her to watch her words carefully.

"...yes, we are. You know us?" Hirata spoke this time and seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. 

"Not particularly, but I was just checking. I remember seeing you," she points at Hirata. "Walking around Keyaki with girls all over you."

Hirata chuckled and scratched the back of his head. Leaving them to discuss, I started to wander around the general area on the second floor. Only a couple of minutes earlier, me and Ichinose walked past a girl running away from this area. I wonder what cruel tactics Horikita used to interrogate that poor soul.

Of course, nothing's as cruel as...

"...how does this affect you in any way whatsoever? Why should a third party be involved in this?"

"I heard the story and I had a few doubts about the events, so I bought a classmate along with me to check things out. Right, Ayanokōji-kun?"

I nodded to affirm her statement while staring down the corridor. This truly is a ground perfect for chaos. Not a camera in sight, at least, not visible...

"Would you guys mind telling me about the circumstances? I wasn't here yesterday so I don't know as much as everyone else."

I lean against a pillar by the open window, watching Ichinose's face turn to absolute awkwardness as she gets no response. I look out the window to get myself out of the sticky situation, only to be surprised at a black and blue butterfly jumping in front of my face before meandering down the hallway.