Chapter Three. Second Encounter

Picture is Blake Lively who is Alexia                

Chapter 3                                   

Don’t start thinking I’m obsessed or anything. Because I’m not. Just extremely…confused.

I wasn’t hungry which was weird for me because I could eat a grocery store clean and still be hungry enough to go to a buffet. I grabbed an apple though and went to the middle of the cafeteria and sat in a chair. Immediately people flocked to my table, sitting down until there was absolutely no room. I wasn’t in the mood to talk, I just wanted to think.

I wanted some quiet.

“Hey guys, I’m going to go out for lunch and finish a paper. Hit me up after school at practice. See ya.”

Looks of disappointment crossed their faces like a wave and I turned away before they could respond. I didn’t want them to follow.

I didn’t leave the school either; I just kind of dashed to the library. When I got there I smiled at the librarian and signed in on the notepad in front of her.

“Christian Cage, I don’t see you here too often young man.”

“History paper is due in two days.” I lied.

She nodded and let me pass and I scanned the library making sure no one I knew was here. Everyone knew me but I didn’t know most of the people. And that’s when I saw…

Her.

I walked over to her table, and my heart was beating hard enough for everyone in the library to hear. This made me a little self-conscious.

I pulled out a chair and sat down and put my hands flat on the table. She looked up from her book and raised an eyebrow. She wasn’t happy to see me obviously.

“Well, hello mystery.” I said, trying my best to hide my shaky voice.

Her blue eyes sparkled, like she was about to start a little game. She looked very sure of herself, very confident. I liked that.

She didn’t respond, and closed her book neatly with a bookmark on the page I had interrupted.

I waited a few second for her to respond, she didn’t.

“Do you like not talk or something?” My voice sounded foreign and I felt weak.

Her mouth finally opened, “I can talk. I choose not to.”

“Because you don’t like to?”

“Because I don’t like you. And I don’t like your friends.”

I was a little surprised by this. Why didn’t she like me? She didn’t even know me.

“Did I offend you in some way?” I asked, thinking about the short time we spent together in the hallway.

“I don’t like the way you treat girls. I don’t like your reputation. I don’t like guys like you.” Her eyes sparkled again, sort of like she was enjoying this.

“Guys like me?” I asked stupidly.

I knew what she meant but my brain couldn’t really comprehend hearing these things.

“That’s what I just said isn’t it? Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to get to class. Don’t follow me; we don’t need you looking any more desperate.” She smiled and picked up her book.

When she walked past me, I could smell her perfume. It was a familiar smell. I couldn’t put my finger on that either. My brain went dead.

I walked through the rest of the day like a zombie. Ignoring the bitching from Chelsea about me standing her up and driving home without music and with the windows rolled up.