Escaping..yet again

"Hello Deary, here to get some new dresses?" The woman asks me.

"Yes."

"My, my! You two look like the faces on the papers!"

"Ironic, right?" I say, trying to sound enthusiastic.

I walk around the store, "Can I just buy something off the rack?" I ask.

"Sure." She said.

"Just a moment." I say, striding over towards Alex.

I whisper into his ear. "What are you doing? Distract her somehow, you know we don't have enough Money for one of these."

"How though?" He asks

"Maybe just sneak into the back whilst I distract her, make a racket and I'll steal the dress, and you run out. Whilst walking I saw that there's a hole big enough in the back for a human to fit through."

"Ok..."

"Uhuh! Fabulous, I'll buy that one then!" I say just loud enough for the lady to hear, so she doesn't think I sound suspicious.

"Uhm,maam could you come here for a moment?"
I wink at Alex.

Alex nervously nods back and shuffles towards the employee only door, I don't know what he did next but he was very quiet.

"I point to one of the dresses. How much will this be?" I ask

"Hmm tw-"
Her sentence was interrupted by loud clanging noises. "I'll just go check what's happening." She said. Once she was through the employee only door, I stuffed 3 dresses into my bag and ran out the door and behind the building.

I waited, and waited, until finally he crawled through the hole.
"Took you long enough, let's go." I said.

"Wait..go where, you mean back to the inn?" He asked.

"No, you dumbass! Our faces are all over the papers, we won't survive a day here, we're walking money bags!"

"But aren't we servants?-"

"Well, I was a bit special, hehe."

I grabbed him by the hand and ran to the gates. "Let's go!" We went past the gates and ran, we simply just ran and ran till we couldn't anymore.

We ended up at this rocky mountain place.