GFR Anniversary Special || A Seven-Minute Semblance of Normality (Part 1)

Note: This takes place between chapters 18 and 19 of FIMBULWINTER, after Cassandra accidentally mentions Seven-Minute Semblance in an interview. I had this idea when one of the chicklings casually mentioned SMS in the point of view of a civilian.

Matthieu Halbert.

24. September.
Friday, 10 a.m.
Coronado University.

My name is Matthieu Halbert. I'm a regular second year Multimedia Arts student in Coronado University and I am very and hilariously terrified.

I am a pretty diligent and hardworking student. Failing grades are the least of my fears. I study day in and day out. I don't play video games, I'm not into dating or romance, I don't have a part-time job, and I don't leave the house that much.

"Good morning, class! I'm done grading your midterm exams and your midterm projects."

I'm active in extracurricular activities and I'm part of the Literature Club and the football club. I can balance both and I have a pretty good time management. Burning out and fatigue are another least of my fears.

"Uy bes, nabasa mo 'yong sa Twitter kahapon?"

I have a pretty good circle of friends. Most of them are achievers and hardworking too. They're supportive, caring, and are good influences.

"May quiz daw mamaya sa Comm, sinong may reviewer d'yan?"

I come from a privileged and a peaceful, loving family. My parents give me everything I ask for, and nurture me with good manners and right values.

"Perkele, late na naman tayo! Tangina kasi netong si drama queen ang kupad!"

Now these are the ones that make me throw those manners and values away.

"Nobody needs that input, Edward Dace."

They terrify me.

"Boys, tamang room ba 'tong pinasukan natin?"

They're the infamous Seven-Minute Semblance.

The university is divided into those who want to be closer and know these boys more and those who want to avoid them at all cost.

I fall under the latter.

A week ago, word about a "detective group", a "secret initiative", and a "special curriculum" spread across the campus and even trended on Twitter. Apparently, our university chose four brilliant students to be part of a program that will produce efficient and talented groups that'll aid law enforcement. It's still under development so the administration kept it a secret, but a gorgeous detective slipped on TV and revealed the existence of the initiative.

The four brilliant students happen to be the four weirdos everyone's been noticing a lot on campus.

"Gago maling room ang napasukan natin," says Edward Dace. Mass Communications student, member of the Literature Club, and apparently every professors' both dream student and nightmare incarnate.

He's pretty popular but nobody really talks to him out of intimidation. We see him everywhere, especially on Wi-Fi hotspots. He attends every class he finds interesting and beats every other student officially enrolled there.

He's every professor's standards, but also every professor's example of what not to do.

"Perkele, alam ni Joyeuse na maling classroom ang pinasukan natin pero hindi s'ya nagsalita!"

"Bold of you to assume I've the slightest intention of attending classes today," says "Joyeuse". His real name is Jule Lewis Uresonderry. Everyone who knows him either loathes him so much or is head over heels for him. Both groups fear him.