City raid || Chapter 8

The dead of night, where everyone was asleep. It was silent and quiet, until the drain to a sewer popped open...Something...A gigantic Digimon, started slowly squeezing its huge body through the sewer hole...

A gigantic Digimon, started slowly squeezing its huge body through the sewer hole

"BLEEEUUUGHHHH..." The Digimon moaned loudly, giving off a horrific stench that wafted through the air. "WHERE...ARE...DIGIDESTINED..." the sludge Digimon fully slid out of the sewer drain, into the cold, dark alleyway. Shortly after, a Wendigomon crawled out of the sewer as well. Then another...And another...
"Don't worry, Rareraremon..." One Wendigomon says. "We're finding those Digidestined." Rareraremon only responds with a horrific groaning.
"FIND...DIGIDESTINED."

The next morning...
"Hoshi, I'm not messing around...You have to get rid of that thing, right now!" Mrs. Os'Well scolds Hoshi, who was still holding onto Kudamon.
"But mom, I can't, you gotta listen to me!" Hoshi says back. "Kudamon's my friend, and we have to go to the Digital World together and fight other Digimon!"
"Well, you can't go. I'm not allowing you." Mrs. Os'Well says, crossing her arms.
"And besides kid, you know animals aren't allowed in this building." Mr. Os'Well adds in.
"...Kudamon's not just some animal..." Hoshi mumbles.
"Uh, and besides, Kudamon's technically a Digimon, not an animal..." Charlee chimes in, but immediately earns a fierce glare from her mom that immediately shuts her up.
"...I'm not arguing with you any longer, Hoshi. You get rid of that thing, or I'll be forced to call animal control." Mrs. Os'Well fiercely says, and without giving Hoshi a chance to respond, both the parents quickly walk out of the room, upstairs. Hoshi sighs, feeling defeated as he stares at the floor.
"...Sorry, kid." Charlee tries comforting Hoshi, patting him on the shoulder.
"...Kudamon's my friend. I can't just get rid of them." Hoshi quietly says.
"You think the other Digidestined kids can hold onto them for now? Until we can convince mom and dad to keep Kudamon?" Charlee asks.
"I don't know..." Hoshi mumbles. "Maybe..."
...Suddenly then, something odd happens. The building starts rumbling a bit, Charlee and Hoshi's heads shooting up as they look around in confusion and worry.
"...What the heck is happening?!" Mrs. Os'Well suddenly runs down the stairs.
"We gotta go outside! Hurry, everyone!" Mr. Os'Well says, as everyone quickly runs oht through the front door.
"Is there an earthquake or something?!" Charlee asks. They look around, seeing they only their building was shaking. Being only more confused by this, the family looks around at the side of the building...To see a Wendigomon, roughly shaking the building.
"Oh...Oh my god! What the hell is that thing?!" Mrs. Os'Well asks, in horror.
"Is that a Digimon, Hoshi?!" Charlee asks.
"Urgh, yes, that's a Wendigomon..." Hoshi answers. "I've fought one of those before..." The Wendigomon then notices everyone, smirking as it takes a step towards them.
"Everyone, we gotta get inside, now..." Mrs. Os'Well says, everyone stepping back.
"But mom, me and Kudamon can fight him..." Hoshi says.
"You are NOT fighting those things anymore! Get inside now!!" Mrs. Os'Well hisses, as everyone quickly runs inside. Mr. Os'Well then locks the door quickly, as Wendigomon runs up, banging on the door.
"Digi...Destined...Come out...Now..." The Wendigomon growls. Everyone looks around in a panic, before quickly running downstairs, into a small basement, and locking that door also.
"Man, I hope that Wendigomon can't get in here..." Hoshi says, sighing.
"Either way, we're gonna have to stay down here until we know that thing is gone..." Mr. Os'Well says. Charlee picks up a remote, turning on a small TV, switching to the News channel.
"Uhh, guys? Look at this..." Charlee points to the TV, everyone reading the News headline.
'Mysterious monsters have raided and taken over the city. STAY INDOORS.' The News channel also showed multiple shots and videos from different cameras, of multiple Wendigomon all over the city, banging down doors and buildings. There was one video that also showed the Rareraremon, who looked just as big as some of the buildings. It was trudging through the streets, only groaning out one thing...
"FIND...DIGIDESTINED...BLEUURGHHHH..." Everyone had no idea how to respond, only staring at the TV in horror.
"Hoshi, wha...What is this? What's happening?!" Mrs. Os'Well asks.
"I..." Hoshi stutters, unable to find the right words. "...I don't know."