Nightmare circus || Chapter 22

Some more time had passed since the Digidestined split up, as Taeka's group...Her, Blaire, and Cora, made their way down a gravel path, getting closer to their destination. It was dark outside and the sky was a dark purple color, as Taeka spoke to Axel on her Digivice, Cora and Blaire also listening to their conversation. "Alright, thanks for the update Axel...Bye!" Taeka hung up her Digivice, slipping it back into her pocket. "Man, that's so cool that Logan unlocked his ultimate level...AeroVeedramon sounds like such a cool Digimon!" Taeka says, smiling.
"I know! I wish I could've seen him Digivolve!" Blaire says, holding up her own tag and crest and smiling. "Maybe I'll Digivolve Dorumon to the ultimate level soon...You think so, too?" Blaire asks, looking down at her partner. "Yeah. I know you'll be able to do it, Blaire." Dorumon nods and responds, Blaire giggling and smiling happily. Taeka then walked a bit ahead of everyone, noticing that Cora's face was a bit down, looking at the ground. "Cora, you alright? You've been looking a bit down lately..." Taeka says.
"Hm? What?" Cora snaps out of it, looking up. "Cora, you should just tell them..." BlackGabumon says.
"Alright..." Cora sighs. "It's just...I keep thinking of something weird that Blaine and Lily told me...They told me that Rosalie's one of the Demondestined."
"Uh...Who's Rosalie?" Taeka asks.
"Rosalie is Cora's girlfriend!" Blaire says. "She's partnered to a BlackGatomon, I think?"
"Man, I really got some catching up to do when I get back..." Taeka says.
"Sorry, I forgot you didn't know her..." Cora says. "Man...Later on, you really gotta tell us what it's like being Examon..."
"Oh, right! I could right a whole book about what that was like..." Taeka says. "But I'll tell you later!" Cora's face then falls again, sighing. "I don't know, Taeka. I thought Lily and Blaine were joking when they told me, but..."
"Come on, Cora...I don't think Blaine of all people would joke about something like that..." Taeka says, patting Cora on the shoulder. "Yeah, I guess you're right..." Cora says.
"Hey! Look!" Dracomon points to the distance, as they see the big circus area, coming into view, with a big sign above it: Grand Master Circus.
"Yes! We're finally here! Let's be careful..." Taeka says, everyone slowly approaching the front entrance, making their way inside the circus. When they arrived inside, the area was huge, resembling an outdoor amusement park, with a big circus tent in the far end of the area. "I don't see anyone here..." Dorumon says.
"HEY!!"
"AAAHHHH!!" A voice suddenly shouts at the group, spooking them. Everyone looks around...

To see a smaller Digimon pop out from behind a trash can

...To see a smaller Digimon pop out from behind a trash can. "Oh...Whoops! You're not that Demondestined kid! Sorry for scaring you..." The Digimon says, laughing awkwardly.
"Uhh...Who the heck are you?" Dracomon asks.
"Names Gammamon! I'm the guide here at the Grand Master Circus! Welcome!" He happily introduces himself.
"Wait a minute...Gammamon, you said you saw a Demondestined here? Who was it?" Dorumon asks.
"Oh, it was some boy who was partnered with a Demidevimon..." Gammamon responds. "I saw him walking around the area earlier! I tried talking to him, but he wasn't exactly very friendly..."
"Oh no, not Elijah..." Blaire mutters. "Did you see where he went?"
"I don't think so, but I know he's walking around somewhere in this circus..." Gammamon responds. "But um, I wouldn't exactly go looking around for him right now!"
"Why not? Whatever's out there, I know we can take them on!" Taeka says confidently.
STOMP!! STOMP!! Suddenly then, everyone hears loud stomping in the distance.
"Umm...What was that?" Cora asks. Everyone stands there quietly, looking towards the source of the noise...