The old crew's return || Chapter 20

It was bright and early the next morning, everyone now back at Wizardmon's house, Maildramon bringing everyone there after the successful rescue mission to make sure they were safe. "Urgh..." Jake yawned and stretched, sitting up on his bed. He looked around the room, seeing that everyone's beds were empty, besides the rescued Digimon partners who were still asleep...And Taeka who was also still sleeping, Lily sitting down on the floor next to her.
"Hey, morning Lily..." Jake stretches and stands up out of bed, walking up to Lily and sitting down next to her. "I hope you weren't just watching her all night."
"Heh, don't worry, I wasn't." Lily says, laughing a bit. "Just the past hour or so."
"You think she's gonna be ok?" Jake asks.
"Yeah, I mean...She's still got a pulse." Lily responds. "And Wizardmon says she could wake up any minute now."
"That's good." Jake says, nodding. "Atleast we know her and the others will be ok."
"We sure will be!" A voice cuts through their conversation, the two turning around to see that the voice came from Babydmon, who was now awake, alongside ToyAgumon, Xiaomon, Tsumemon, and KyoKyomon.
"Whoa! When the heck did you guys wake up?!" Lily gasps, her and Jake surprised.
"Just a second ago!" Babydmon says cheerfully. "Now where's our partners?!"
"Yeah, I wanna see Axel again!" ToyAgumon says, everyone asking for their partners.
"Whoa, calm down you guys!" Lily says. "KyoKyomon, Blaine's downstairs eating breakfast if you wanna see him right now. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you awake."
"Alright, thank you Lily." KyoKyomon nods, leaving the room.
"Hey, what about Erik?!" Xiaomon barks. "I miss him! I wanna see him too!"
"Maildramon left for our world to pick up Erik, Cora and Axel." Lily responds. "That was about an hour ago, so he should be back any second now...For now, I think you guys should go downstairs and get something to eat as well...I'm sure you all must be starving by now."
"Ooh, yay! I'm so hungry!" Babydmon says. "Come on guys, let's go!" All the Digimon quickly then leave the room.
"Hey, Lily, why don't we go and eat something too?" Jake asks. "It's not like Taeka's going anywhere anytime soon."
"Yeah...I guess you're right." Lily says, standing up. "I am pretty hungry. Let's go." The two leave the room, walking down the stairs. When they arrive downstairs, they see everyone eating, except for the baby Digimon, who were all hiding behind some couches, motioning for Jake and Lily to be quiet. They then pointed over to KyoKyomon, who was quietly sneaking up on Blaine...Suddenly jumping onto him, landing in his arms.
"Whoa, KyoKyomon! You're awake..." Blaine stares down at his partner, wide eyed, everyone also gasping.
"Sure am..." KyoKyomon smiles. "Nice to see you again, Blaine." Blaine couldn't help but smile back at KyoKyomon, hugging him tightly. "You too, buddy."
"Yay! What a happy reunion! Now let's eat!" ToyAgumon says, the rest of them jumping out and surprising everyone as they suddenly run to the tables, hurriedly chowing down on the food.
"Geez...These little guys are fast eaters!" Logan says, staring at them wide eyed, Lily and Jake giggling. "They sure can. Come on Jake, let's eat t-"
Knock knock! Lily and Jake stop, getting cut off by a sudden knock on the door. The door then promptly opens, Maildramon walking inside.
"Hey, these three are your friends, right?" Maildramon asks. "I hope I didn't pick up the wrong kids or something." He chuckles jokingly...

" He chuckles jokingly