Nightmare forest || Chapter 14

It was the next morning, and the group was walking through the forest, Kotemon also staying with the group. Wizardmon had given them a map to the hospital, but they still couldn't find it, getting more annoyed with each step.
"Ugh, this is getting annoying...How have we not found it yet?!" Jake grumbles, staring at the map.
"You're probably reading the map wrong or something..." Allison huffs.
"What?! No I'm not!" Jake denies.
"Yes you are!" Allison suddenly yanks the map out of Jake's hands.
"Hey! You almost gave me a papercut!" Jake whimpers, looking back over at the map. "And you're holding it upside down! Give it back!" Jake tries grabbing the map, the two trying to wrestle it from one another.
"Come on you two, cut it out!" Blaine says, the two ignoring him as he rolls his eyes.
"Ugh, this ridiculous...Blaine grumbles. "We've been walking in this forest for forever now..." He pauses, looking up at the trees that covered the sky. "And I can't even tell if it's daytime or nighttime!"
"I know..." Lily agrees. "And my feet hurt like heck..." Everyone watches Allison and Jake wrestle the map from each other...Until they finally pull it hard enough to rip it in half.
"Wow, nice job you two..." Logan says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.
"What are we supposed to do now?" Veemon says.
'Oh no, now everyone's upset...' Blaire thinks to herself, worried. 'Now what do I do?' Blaire tries thinking of a solution, something suddenly popping into her head.
"Hey, I think there's supposed to be a village nearby..." Blaire says. "Maybe they can help us find the hospital!" Everyone turns to her curiously, seemingly approving of this plan.
"I guess that's our next best choice at this point..." Blaine says, everyone nodding in agreement.
"I think I know where that is..." Kotemon says, walking ahead. "Follow me." Everyone follows him through the bushes for a few minutes, before finally reaching a clearing...With the village, which was pretty small, with a few wooden houses. But for some reason the village was empty.
"Uh...Where is everyone?" Jake asks. Everyone was silent, looking around the village.
"I don't know, but..." Lily says. "Something doesn't feel right here..."
"HEY!! IS ANYONE HERE?!" Blaire shouts loudly.
"Blaire, I don't think it's a good idea to-" Dorumon tries to stop Blaire, but a rustling is then heard in the bushes...

'Woodmon: Champion level, virus. A plant Digimon that resembles a tree, draining the life energy of Digimon that pass by it. Main attacks include: Branch Bash, Leaf Slider.'
...As a big group of Woodmon pop out, growling angrily. Something about the Woodmon seemed...Off though. All of them had a dark aura surrounding their bodies, and their eyes were also completely blacked out. They also made a low grumbling noise, almost making them seem...Zombie-like. One of the Woodmon was also twice the size of the others somehow.
"...What the? What's wrong with them?!" Logan says. Everyone backs away slowly, nervous by their unsettling demeanor.
"Oh no...They're acting just like those Doctimon I saw..." Blaire whimpers quietly. Everyone looked nervous, except for Allison who confidently stepped forward.
"Don't worry guys, we got this." Allison smirks.
"Allison, wait a minute-" Blaine tries to stop her, but to no avail.
"TSUKAIMON DIGIVOLVE TO...DEVIDRAMON!!"
"CRIMSON CLAW!!" Devidramon slashes at one of the Woodmon...But it doesn't budge.
"...What the..." Devidramon looked genuinely surprised..."BRANCH BASH!!" As all the Woodmon suddenly charge forward, attacking Devidramon all at once as he screams in pain, instantly reverting as he crashes to the ground.
"What...? H-how are they so powerful?!" Jake whimpers. Allison quickly picks up Tsukaimon, as the Woodmon growl furiously...
"RUN!!" And they start chasing the group through the village, who try their best to escape as they hide behind a house.
"What are we supposed to do?!" Lily whispers. "There's nowhere good to hide!"
...Suddenly then, a small, wooden drain cover below them pops open, a tiny hand waving at them. "Hide in here!" The voice whispers to them. Without a chance to think, everyone hops in, the Digimon quickly covering the entrance, before they hear the Woodmon stomping away. Everyone sighs in relief, as they look around the underground room, which was pretty big and neatly organized.
"Wow, that was a close one...!" The voice says, everyone turning around to see the small Digimon that helped them.