...6...

Aria's POV

I have to leave. I have to go. He will come for me I just  know it. And if the last few years with him have taught me anything he will get rid of anyone in his way. Now I understand my host family loves me and cares about me but that is why I have to go. Everyone will be in danger if I do not go. Plus I am afraid that just by being close to Night he will come after him. I will not let that happen. After school I went straight home and packed my clothes in my suitcase. As I packed I could not help but think about the few happy memories here. I saw mr. and mrs. Tallerino smiling when they saw how happy I was when we went to the park. Or when Michael and I went out for ice cream and played around at the park, I have to admit those are some of the few moments where I actually felt like I was living a normal life. As I thought about these moments a stray tear fell streaking my cheek. Then it did not stop. I collapsed onto the floor crying till I felt satisfied. Then in came Michael and he seemed a bit worried or at least I thought I could not see well through my teary eyes.

“Aria! Aria what are you doing? What happened?! Why are you crying?” He asked panicked.

He ran to me and kneeled down trying to take my hands away from my tear-streaked face. After a few not needed screams from me Amy Tallerino and Whyatt Tallerino came upstairs to see what was happening.

“What is happening here?! Aria, sweetheart what’s wrong?”Amy asked kneeling down next to me.

“Aria, why are you crying? Did something happen at school? Did an evil soul hurt you.... Did anyone hurt you?”Whyatt asked sitting nextto me.

She did not try to see my face or wait for my answer she just hugged me. It felt nice, it felt warm and loving. I have not been embraced with this much warmth and love for years. Michael was right they do care about me but that is all the more reason to go. I pushed Amy away grabbed my packed suitcase and ran downstairs. I could hear them running right behind me. I’m sorry. I left the house and I will certainly come back when I am sure it is safe for me to be around them.