Chapter 3

After Harry met Stephanie and Niall at the parking lot, they all head to Harry's job.

The bakery.

Harry loved it there. It was his safe haven. Anytime he was done with a long day, he would go to the bakery and let everything go.

Even when he was having a good day, he went to the bakery.

Everything about it was comforting to him. The smell, the decorations, the daily costumers, and Irene.

Irene was the owner of the bakery. Harry adored her. She was like a grandmother to him.

The small group of friends filed into the pastry filled shop. Inhaling the scent of strawberry filled donuts, cookies and icing.

"Irene!" Harry calls into the mildly empty shop. Only one costumer sat with a coffee mug and a muffinvat the table closest to the front window.

"Is that my lovely Harold I hear?" A womens voice calls back. She pops up from under the counter. Probably cleaning.

Wrinkles mark her aging face. Her short hair that used to be deep brown is now inhabitits gray streeks covering her hair.
Her life marks almost seventy years but Irene will argue she is only forty.

Thats another thing Harry enjoyed about her, she was very fun and energetic for her age. Harry once walked in on her running with two cakes in hand.

The two embrace in a hug as Harry hasn't been as work for a few days due to preparing for school.

"Hi Irene!" Niall gives her a hug, he would either drop Harry off or pick Harry up from work on some occasions.

She give returns the hello to him then looks to Stephanie.

"Stephanie, how was your vacation?" Irene asks after giving her a hug.

"Oh you remember me?" Stephanie raises her eyebrow.

"Of course honey." Irene laughs and turns back to the counter. "How was school?" She asks the three kids.

They all reply with positive answers as she hands them cookies. Irene was just such a sweet person, she would always give Harry free pastries and if he brought a friend in, she would give them some as well.

One of the reasons Niall always loved to walk into the shop. Free food.

After the three finish there small snack, Stephanie and Niall head back to the car and Harry puts on his apron.

"Harry," Irene comes up behind his and pat his back. "Did you tell them?"

Yes, Irene knew Harry was gay. And just like his mother, she fully excepted him.

A year before she had caught Harry starring at a man in the shop and he told her. She hugged him and told him that she didn't care and he was still the same boy she had grown to love.

"Yea, Zayn didn't take it as well as Naill and Steph did." He sighs cleaning the counter off with a rag.

Just like she had a year ago, she hugged him and told him how he needs to define his friends by who will stick by him no matter what.

Harry thanks her knowing that she was right.

Of course she is right, shes always right. He thinks about how wise Irene was. Knowing he would always be able to turn to her.

----

Unlike the night before, Harry slept peacefully knowing everything would be okay.

Zayn hadn't told anyone. He still had two of the greatest friends he could ask for. A clear mind and a smooth day in front of him.

Or so he thought.

~~~~~~

A PICTURE OF WHO I PICTURE IRENE AT ONE THE SIDE.

I DECIDED TO BE AN EVIL BITCH AND LEAVE YOU HANGING BUT EITHER WAY,

ILYSM

~ Larissa