Chapter 19: South

I approached the forest and entered. Already, I could feel the effects of the other dimension on me. I entered a clearing with what appeared to be a wooden sign in the center of it. I walked up to it. It read “South.” I didn’t notice any other pathways for me to traverse so I turned around to head backwards.

                My eyes widened when I noticed that the entrance was gone! I turned back around and saw another path, heading deeper into the forest. The word on the sign was gone as well. I proceeded into the forest and found an old wooden cabin. It only had one light on and it was just outside the door. I walked up and knocked on the door. I was astonished further when I saw that who answered it was, well… me.

                “Can I help you?”

                -Um, yes, I’m just passing through but I’m heading to a satellite beacon. Do you happen to know where it is?

                He laughed.

                “Yes, I know where Siege’s satellite beacon is but it takes a strong warrior to get to it. Just head down the path opposite the one you came and you will see a teleport pad. Step onto it and it will take you outside North Forest. Go talk to the Unknown at their base. It should be in the same location as their base in your dimension.”

                -Thank you.

                “You’re welcome. See you around! …or not…”

                He closed the door and I walked down the other path. Sure enough there was a teleport pad in a smaller clearing. I stepped onto it and the area around me seemed to fade into a large ocean-like area. I saw a primitive helicopter sitting on the island I started on and so I got in and took off. On the way I noted that everything looked backwards from the other dimension, there was a mountain where Scorpion Crevasse was, and a huge drop off where the mountains were. Furthermore, everywhere in the other dimension that had sand has water in this dimension. I saw the Unknown base coming up. It was on an island with a mountain on it but it seemed like it was sliced straight from the other dimension and put here. The sides of the mountain were cut off at certain points and the door was where it used to be. I landed the helicopter and approached the door. Sure enough it had a red light near the top that turned green when I approached it. It then opened and I once again proceeded through. I met the same Unknown in this base as I had twice before at the other base.

                “We have been expecting you. Come to the Sphere room”

                We walked in and the door locked behind us like it always has.

                -You left me behind.

                “Did we? I’m sure there is a perfectly good explanation as to why our counterparts left you. Maybe they left so you would have to come here. We know about you and what you are about to face. Tell me, did we give you an orb?”

                -Yes, you said it would help me survive the Teranor War.

                “Good, well there is one other thing we need to give you; information. As you know, the Teranors of your dimension are amassing an invasion and that they will likely have more than one hundred Omegas there. There is no way to win against them, but to survive you must try. The satellite laser that you must activate will destroy seventy five percent of the army, but the rest will destroy you right afterwards. Your goal to win this war, Chris, is to survive. Nothing more, nothing less.”

                -There has to be something I can do to win, anything.

                “That is not your goal. Like I said, there is no way for you to win. We have a mission for you. Once you get back and start to face the army, and ultimately fall by their hand, they will capture you and take you hostage. We need you to find out about what creature they hold in the base they take you to. Once you ascertain the species name, return to us in your dimension and give us the information. We fear the worst.”

                -That’s fine and all but what about the satellite? You said I will never win without it. How do I get to the last beacon?

                “You must undergo three trials. One at Sequential Temple to the east, one at the Spider Mountain to the southeast, and one at Tangled Swamp to the southwest from here. I believe the locations are the same as your Torrential Temple, Scorpion Crevasse, and Marsha Jungle respectively. Each trial will not be hard for you but you must complete each before the path to the beacon will be opened.”

                -Thank you, for everything.

                “There is one more thing. If you meet this dimension’s Hentus, steer clear. They would kill you or anyone else on sight. Same goes for Conquest, the opposite of Siege. However, the Teranors in this dimension are rather friendly. Remember that most things are the opposite here as opposed to your dimension.”

                -Got it.

                I left the base and entered the helicopter as it’s my only way around this world. I decided to go to the Temple first.