Chapter 13: Trojan Horse

[Additional files detected]

                -Process them.

                My suit might have something I can use.

                [New weapon upgrade]

                [New armor skin style customization]

                [New TDD upgrade]

                [New speed upgrade]

                [New locomotion abilities]

                I like the locomotion abilities best.

                -Suit, what new locomotion abilities are there?

                [New locomotion abilities include:

                                +Jump height extended to fifty feet

+New parkour algorithms allow for advanced maneuvering through close quarters; also extending wall climb height.]

                -View speed upgrade.

                [Speed upgrade allows you to wall run farther, and makes it easier to jump larger gaps of one hundred feet.]

                -Anything that will help me get out of this room?

                [No exit strategies available]

                -Damn, so not even the Teranor could get out.

                Just then, the door opened to a person holding a long barreled sniper rifle. He raised his gun and I knew that it was trained on my head.

                “Who are you?!”

                -My name is Chris Kessler and I highly suggest you lower that rifle.

                “You’re Chris??!!”

                He lowered his rifle and walked into the room.

                “Where did you get that suit?”

                -I lifted it off the Teranor I just killed.

                “Was it that Omega?”

                -Yes, it put up a good fight, but it lacked the ability to think ahead. Strategy ultimately was its doom.

                “Whoa. Well we need to get back to the Siege base. Jack has another assignment for you.”

                -I’m glad he does; I’m itching to get out of here. This place gives me the creeps. Oh, I didn’t catch your name.

                “The name’s Trojan, special weapons expert.”

                I was shocked but we needed to get back so I let it drop for now.

                We arrived back at the super compound and the guards once again raised their weapons, likely because my armor was different.

                “He is Chris, his armor got updated.”

                The guard let his weapon drop and we proceeded inside to Jack’s office. When we entered he greeted us.

                “Ah, I see you met Trojan on the way. I had him and Midnight released but Midnight left and headed north; likely going to the unknown territory. We let him go and do his own thing but Trojan here heard your name and wanted to help immediately so he stayed.”

                -That’s good and all, but what is my next assignment?

                “Yes, there is little time. You just left the Marsha jungle but you need to go back and activate one of our satellite laser beacons that are there. I know you are the one who activated the one in the Torrential Temple so it should be a simple task.”

                I started walking out the door when Jack said something else.

                “Oh and Chris, I love the new look.”

                He winked at me and I left the base.

                -What was that about I wonder?

                I started heading back to the Marsha Jungle to activate the Satellite Laser Beacon.