chapter five

Carlos is like a little brother to me, he is just 22 years old and he needs to take care of his four siblings. I found him in the streets with his siblings when he was just 17 and his little sister was very sick and cold. I took him in and he is now my assistant and that’s why I keep up with his bullshit and he knows it. he is a good kid though.
I walked into the restaurant and went straight to the private area. Maggie came in.
‘hello what would you like?’ she asked with a smile.
‘get me Aqua to serve me and I want the chicken pesto pasta and the caramel tarts. Get me a glass of scotch’ I said.
‘no starter?’ she asked.
‘no.’ I said.
She went out and I got out my phone and I looked through my emails. I heard the door open and the room was filled with the aroma of the food. She pushed the cart to where I sat and she served me the food.
I looked at her and she looked tired and sick.
‘sit down.’ I said.
‘why?’ she asked while raising her eyebrow.
‘well I want to talk to you.’ I said.
‘you can talk to me while am standing. Am sure that’s how it was last time.’ She said.
‘are you always like this?’ I asked.
  ‘depends’ she said.
‘just sit down. I have something to discuss with you.’ I said.
She sat down and she put three chairs between us. she looked at me.
‘well, you did a great job with those papers and my accountant died and I haven’t been able to replace him. So what do you think?’ I said.
‘about what exactly?’ she asked.
‘replacing my accountant. You did a very great job and I would really like it if you were the new accountant. The job pays a lot and lots of benefits as well. So what do you say?’ I asked.
She raised her eyebrow and pouted her lips. Am guessing that’s her thinking face. Its cute.
‘well when do I get to bring my papers and where?’ she asked.
Well damn she doesn’t know me.
I pulled out my card and gave it to her.
‘oh and I teach at a dance studio on Mondays and Fridays in the afternoon so I will have to work half days on those days.’ She said.
‘okay cool. Bring those qualifications on Thursday and you may the start the job on Monday. Keep in mind you are my personal accountant. Not the companies.’ I said.
She nodded.
I dug into the food and it was good as usual. Got to give the cook a bonus.
She sat there and she looked like she was in deep thought. I ate my lunch and when I was finished she took the plates and she went out.

AQUA’S POINT OF VIEW.
Getting a job offer from that guy was the last thing I expected but I took it either way cause I need to do something that is worth my education. Am on my way to drop off my qualifications to his company building and am wearing a plum coloured dress and a black long cardigan on top with the block heels. My hair is let down and I brushed it and put a headband to keep it from my face.
I went inside the building and I was amazed. The lobby is great and beautiful. The receptionist is beautiful too and the waiting room was filled up with men and women all looking classy. I went to the receptionist.
‘hey am Aqua Miles. Am here to---‘
‘oh the new accountant. Go to the top floor. Carlos will guide you.’ She said.
‘you are nice. I like you.’ I said.
‘great cause I like you too. Its good to finally have another thick girl around.’ She said.
I smiled and walked to the elevators. I punched the top floor and waited. On the second floor, a girl in a very short and tight nude dress entered the elevators. The dress was lace around the bust and she wore a pair of nude pumps and her legs were on few view and she had a full glamour face.
‘ugh, don’t you see the gyms around. You are taking up much space in here.’ She said.
‘its not like you need any space. You are as fat as a toothpick. You make stick figures feel like they have a purpose.’ I said.
She scoffed. Unfortunately she was also going to the top floor. The ride came to an end finally. We got out.
‘you might just collapse the whole building with your weight.’ She said and smirked.
‘you are telling me that it took you twenty minutes to come up with that sorry excuse of a comeback? With the size of your head I would think you think faster than the flash. but since we are talking about weights, with the way you look am sure you get a lot of people asking you to stand on their porch as a skeleton on Halloween. And cover up nobody wants to see those arms you walking with. Bitch please.’ I said.
I heard a person snicker behind me. The girl got red and I turned behind me, low and behold a masterpiece. He looked Mexican and he was hot. Brown eyes. Light pink lips, good dental set up that would make any dentist jealous and he had a grey suit that fit his lean body perfectly.
‘you must be Aqua.’ He said.
‘and you must be Carlos.’ I said
‘in the flesh. Hey Mary-Anne’ he said
‘h-hie Carlos’ she said brushing her hair behind her ear. I rolled my eyes.
‘Aqua you can go right through the cherry wood doors. And Mary-Anne you can pass the files.’ He said.
I went to the office and knocked on the doors. A gruff come in sounded.
I opened the door and went inside.
‘good morning.’ I said
‘whats so good about it?’ he asked looking at me
‘nothing. Literally nothing.’ I said
He brought out his hand and I gave him the files and he gestured that I sit down. I sat down and he looked through the files.
‘you have a degree in IT as well. How?’ he asked
‘have always been the smartest in the school. I skipped a couple of grades and also while in high school I did my IT degree and then went to college for my accounting degree. I have always loved numbers.’ I said with a smile.
‘I see. Well the contract was sent to your email and I assume you read it and signed it.’ he said
‘I did.’ I said.
‘part of the benefits are you get a car, a house and two months holiday in a year. The company covers your health insurance, gas and residential bills. I expect you to go shopping and get more appropriate office wear. And you shall be given a phone, laptop and tablet. The receptionist, Bella is filling up for the receptionist down at the lobby. Lily is on sick leave so this floor has no receptionist yet. And since you are my personal accountant, you are also the financial advisor for the company. You shall attend some meetings with me and Carlos.’ He said.
‘thank you.’ I said.
This is much better than my previous job.
‘I expect you to move during the weekend and shop for the clothes as well. The company will offer you some movers. And your car is already parked in the parking lot. Carlos will show you your office and give you your car keys. I assume you know how to drive?’ he said.
‘yes I do.’ I said.
‘now go. See you on Monday.’ He said.
I went out after taking my files with me. I met Carlos and he gestured with his head to follow him. we went down the halls and my office was just right there.
‘this floor only me, the boss, you, Bella and a kitchen, bathroom and a lounge and a conference room.
‘no vice president?’
‘not really.’ He said
I nodded. Vice presidents are just a lot of work.
My office was already furnished and it had a desk in front of a huge window that had a great view. I had a couch and a book shelf. A shelf of cabinets and a table. It was great.
‘you like?’ he asked.
‘yes I like.’ I said with a smile. He smiled as well.
‘well this way, lets get your car and you can be on your merry way.’ He said
We went to the underground parking lot and there she was.
‘Porsche cayenne GTS a 2013 model. And its even red. Damn!’ I rushed towards it and run my fingers all over it. it might not be my dream car but it’s a Porsche and nobody can deny a Porsche.
I looked at him. and gave him a real smile. He seemed surprised.
‘whoa.’ He said.
‘what?’ I asked.
‘your smile. Its something else. And I mean that in a good way. Its different and your eyes light up and your whole face brightens up and lets not forget the dimples. They go deeper and its cute. Your smile is amazing.’ He said.
‘thanks. Well see you on Monday.’ I said.
He threw the keys at me and he went back to the office while I got inside the car and revved up the engine. Am happy.
I drove to the bank and with drawled my savings. I went to the mall to get some clothes and shoes. I even got some make up, conditioner, shampoo and other hair related items. I got other hygiene products. It was tiresome but I knew it would be worth it. I even got new undergarments.
I went home. I started packing for the move and I already knew the place I was moving to. Classy apartments and very good neighbourhood. I might just have to rent out my apartment.