Chapter 8

(Art by me)

The minutes rode by quite slowly, the two of them sat in comfortable silence.

Ink seemed at peace, like every thought In his skull had been erased and replaced with serenity.

It was nice.

Spooks' own mind often drifted back to her younger brothers. What were they up to right now? Were they okay? Would they enjoy something like this if they were given the chance?

She hoped so.

She lean back on her hands, her legs stretched out in front of her with a sigh.

"it must be cool.. Getting to see stuff like this every day." she spoke softly as to not startle the inky skeleton.

"mh, its nice. Sometimes. Most of the time though it's lonely, but I'm sure you know that already." he chuckled lightly.

She nodded in agreement.

"welp! What do you say we get some grub? A friend of mine showed me a cool coffee place in reapertale, they serve all kinds of people there, and it's got good food!" ink spoke rather abruptly spooking her. Pun intended.

"oh uh sure! I could go for a coffee." she shrugged, playing off her startlement.

Ink got up, a spring in his step.

"cool, I could do with some real food, Blue's tacos would end me." he smirked.

Spooks chuckled lowly to herself as ink prepared to open up yet another portal.

Damn. They travelled a lot.

"how many times do you travel about a day then? cuz you seem to roam a lot." she shrugged as she asked him. Hopping through the portal and landing on a soft gravel path, he answered.

"I lose track most of the time, I like just popping around now and then. its more fun not knowing where the day might take you. most of the time I never have a plan, I like the mystery of it." he smiled.

she looked down to her sock covered feet which now had holes in them, her skeletal toes peaking through.

"maybe after this we could head back to mine? I kind of need a change of clothes. ill happily come back though, I'm having fun I can't deny." she asked, poking her two index fingers together.

ink hesitated before nodding. "sure!"

they both began walking, side by side, spooks wincing every now and then as occasionally little pebbles slipped into her socks, in the end deciding to walk on the grass beside the path.

she ended up throwing those socks away in the nearest bin.

"the coffee shop isn't too far away, I just like the walk sometimes." ink explained.

she nodded thoughtfully.

"is this what the surface is like?" she asked.

ink chuckled a little bit, making spooks a little confused.

"this is the surface silly!" he smiled, sticking his rainbow coloured tongue out at her.

she blinked a couple of times in realisation before gasping and looking around.

"its so green!" she squeaked.

ink was beyond chuckling at this point, more of a cackle. he was bending over holding his non existent stomach, he might as well have been on the floor.

"wha! why're you laughing?" she spoke, jokingly offended as she pushed him gently with her hand.

okay now he really was on the floor.