Chapter 8

"Damn, December." 

Bree shivered after a blow of wind. Her hands glided from her shoulders to her elbows, creating friction and warmth against the thick wool sleeves protecting it from the harsh cold. Her constant mutter of complain replaced the silence of winter. It somewhat surprised me how winter can bring her smile down. Reasonably, as the sun barely shines, so as her smile.

Standing under a shed and waiting for the band to show up is a real challenge. It's past the allotted time we'll meet for a dinner getaway at a restaurant downtown. 

"What a random invitation to a dinner party," I said. "Yeonjun hasn't spoke about it to you yet?" I received a nod. 

"He won't tell me either. I don't mind, though. I love the thrill!" she beamed, rubbing her palms together near her cherry nose. 

I kept my palms warm inside the vale of my pockets. With a chuckle, I brought my fallen shawl over my shoulder. A drizzle of snow fell from the dark sky. It was pleasant despite the numb feeling it gives my cheeks. 

"How I love to see Kai." The name brought a smile to Bree's face. "He's probably in his best clothing-- oh, wait. Who am I kidding? He's always in his best clothing."

"Visuals, the whole band actually." I said, burying my chin into my fleece turtleneck. Especially, Beomgyu.

Bree looked at me, eyes creased. "Especially Beomgyu, you say?"

I choked.

"Gosh, Nessa. Stop making me lovesick!" she stomped her foot and turned her back. 

Before I could exclaim in embarrassment, a white van pulled in front of us. The driver's window rolled down and revealed Yeonjun in a navy blue jacket. He has sunglasses resting on top of his hair, which also kept his dark locks from his face. Beside him is Taehyun, who is in a seemingly state of panic. 

"Hope in, it's cold!" Yeonjun said. 

"Is this a van?!" Bree looked as surprised as me.

"Isn't it obvious?" Yeonjun sassed. "We can't fit in my car. Good thing Taehyun let us borrow this baby for this trip!" His fingertips danced on the steering wheel.

"You forced me, dumbass. Leave a scratch and I'll be killed by father!" Taehyun screamed.

"Trip? What trip?" I asked as soon as I got in the seven seater van. Beomgyu greeted me with a huge smile and it was seen behind his mask. I got immediately pulled onto his lap. 

"Why did my Nessa turned into a beetroot?" he whispered as I felt the fabric of his mask touch my cheek. I gently pushed his face away.

Bree entered the van on my tail. She saw me get sucked into Beomgyu's embrace and instantly switched her gaze to Kai who only gave her a stare. A bright smile beamed on her face.