Chapter 16

I don't own Fairy Tail

Chapter 16

Just outside the hotel was silent. The sun had just started to set, layering the sky in warm colours. Inside the building, spread out all around the room, were members of the guild. Sitting in a corner table was Chinami, drawing in a sketchbook. Standing across from her was Yumi with her hand on her hip and her right leg bent slightly. Yumi's hand was on the side of her head as she posed. A few minutes had passed before Kukika and Hikaru walked up to the table.

"What are you doing Yumi?" Kukika asked, looking at the two mages.

"Chinami asked if she could draw me." Yumi said, not moving.

"How long have you been standing still like that?" Hikaru asked.

"Maybe an hour. Why?" Yumi murmured.

"I don't know. It might be because I wanted to know how long Chinami's prank has been going on for." Hikaru said. Yumi finally moved out of her position and turned to Hikaru, giving him a puzzled look. "She probably picked you because you're obsessed with your appearance. Her asking to draw you would cause you to skip over one crucial fact."

"What fact?" Yumi asked. Behind Hikaru, Kukika attempted to stifle her giggles.

"Yumi are you forgetting that Chinami's blind, therefore she can't draw you." Hikaru explained, trying not to laugh. Slowly Yumi's eye twitched and she slowly moved her head towards the blind mage.

"Chinami." Yumi growled.

"Yeah." Chinami mumbled, still drawing on the page. In a flash, Yumi leap forward and grabbed the book out of Chinami's hand. "Hey I wasn't finished!"

Yumi gaped at the page and her face turned bright red with rage and embarrassment. Both Hikaru and Kukika bent to the side to get a good look at the book. On it was nothing more than a very crooked and poorly draw flower with scribbles all around it. They both jumped as Yumi slammed the book into the ground before leaping across the table at Chinami. In response she moved her head and body to the side avoiding Yumi completely, while looking unfazed. The ground shook as Yumi slammed into the wall, face first.

"I worked hard on that." Chinami grumbled before yawning, standing up and stretching, prior to squatting to the ground and blindly searching for the book. Her hands slowly patted the ground before her fingers hit the object and she clutched it in her hand.

"Chinami, why?" Hikaru chuckled, while Kukika was bent over laughing.

"I was bored." Came her short reply.

"You… are s-so… dead." Yumi groaned in pain, pulling her face out of the wall. She leaned against it and held her face in pain. "I thought you could "see" with moisture. Couldn't you have drawn my face?"

Chinami groaned and said, "Yes I can "see" things with moisture, but only shapes. I can't see detail. If I wasn't able to smell or hear you guys I would just think you were random people." She explained slowly.

"Yeah I get it; you don't have to talk like I'm an idiot."

"I think she has to because you just spent an hour getting fooled by a blind girl." Hikaru laughed, to which Yumi glared at. Opening her mouth, Chinami was about to speak, when cut off by a loud shriek.

"WHAT!" Their heads snapped over to the bar counter where Emiko sat staring blankly at Shinju. "WHY?" Shinju shrieked, as she stood in front of their guild master.

"What's going on?" Chinami shouted so she could be heard from across the bar. Shinju's head turned to look at Chinami but when she opened her mouth a hand was placed over it.