Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Shinju, Yumi, Kukika and Hikaru quickly ran out onto the wooden path, not wasting anytime. Chinami was about to follow when she was stopped by a small voice.

"China-chan! Please be safe!" Sorano said tearfully, worried that her partner might get hurt.

"I thought you had more faith in me than that." Chinami said emotionless, standing on the railing, facing the path and not looking at the exceeds.

"I do! You're the strongest!" Sorano said quickly afraid that Chinami was upset with her now. Chinami turned around and faced the two exceeds giving them a comforting smile.

"Then trust me." she said before turning back around and running after the others. Sorano stood there looking at her partner, who was running quickly and catching up with the others, with tears in her eyes. Ever since Sorano had met Taki and Chinami she was always afraid that they would get hurt and she would lose them. So after hearing the part about how lives may be lost in the elimination round, she started panicking on the inside. As she stood there she started panicking more and more on the inside, but stopped when she felt a small fist smash down on top of her head.

"She will keep herself and the others safe. Stop worrying." Taki said while she twisted her fist on the other exceeds head.

"Sorry." Sorano sniffled wiping her wet eyes. Taki, after watching her, sighed then moved her paw to the side of Sorano's head and pulled her closer, to hug her

"They'll be fine. Baka."

After running off the end of the path the team found themselves on a large platform, that the large black box stood on. Hikaru stepped forward and started feel all along the shining wall, trying to find an entrance.

"How do we get in?" Yumi asked.

"I don't know there's no door. It's just a wall." Hikaru said, confused. At that moment Kukika noticed something from the corner of her eye and stepped past the others, looking closer. After staring at part of the wall for awhile, she then reached forward and touched it. Everyone stared wide eyed as part of the wall turned into green leaves and fell in a pile at Kukika's feet.

"W-what just happened?" Shinju asked, dumbfounded.

"Part of the wall turned into green... leaves." Yumi stated, confused.

"Kukika how...?" Hikaru asked.

"W-well that part of the wall looked different close up. I could see a leaf like pattern, and the announcer said that this elimination round was called Season's Box. So..." Kukika started.

"So you think that inside this box there might be things having to do with seasons." Chinami finished.

"Well, yeah." Kukika said.

"That's a good guess, we should probably get going." Hikaru stated as he walked forward into the box, followed by the others. Once inside, the gap in the wall slammed shut, causing them to jump and quickly turned towards the wall

"Ok this is creepy." Yumi said as she and the others looked in aw at the scene in front of them. Inside the box was larger than the outside and surrounding them was a large maze made up of bushes, which were so tall none of them mages could see over top. The sky was filled with dark clouds, making it look like it was about to rain.

"What is this?" Shinju asked.

"I think this might explain." Yumi said as she stepped towards the one large bush wall and took off the roll of paper that was hanging there. She then handed it to Hikaru, who unrolled it and read out loud.