Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The guild doors opened. The large room was filled with wooden chairs and tables scattered all over; along with a spiral staircase in the right corner. In front of the staircase, on the wall, was a wooden door that had a crooked 'please knock' sign on it. Beside the staircase was a long wooden bar that stretched along the wall. In the middle of the left wall was a large stage with stairs leading up to it.

In the middle of the guild hall stood two girls having a screaming match with one another, while people around the guild sat in chairs, watching and laughing at them. Chinami, Taki and Sorano just walked around the two and went straight to the bar; Chinami sat at one of the bar stools while Taki and Sorano sat on top of the bar.

"Hey Chinami, how was the water?" a feminine voice said. Chinami tilted her head towards the sound.

"It was fine, Yoshima. Where's Sain?" she responded to the women. Standing behind the bar was Yoshima, the guilds very pregnant barmaid. Yoshima was of average looks and height, and had curled orange hair that stopped just above her shoulders. She was wearing brown sandles and a long green dress that reached her mid calf, but was lifted up slightly in the front due to her large belly.

"Over here Chinami." a low masculine voice said as he walked over and stood beside Yoshima. The origin of the voice was Yoshima's fiancé, Sain. Sain was a very handsome man, he had sandy brown hair that fell into his blue eyes; he was also tall and muscular. He had on a blue shirt, that's sleeves were scrunched up at his elbows, with a black vest overtop, black pants and shoes.

Sain and Yoshima were a very odd looking couple given that Sain was handsome and strong while Yoshima looked average, small and fragile. When Sain first met her he fell in love immediately  and practically bowed at her feet. When Yoshima first joined the guild she was shy and avoided everyone, but Sain was always following her around and when they got together she started to come out of her shell. Sain had changed Yoshima but she had also changed him, given that when he joined the guild he was a ladies man and flirted with every girl in town. When Yoshima got pregnant he barely left her side and stopped going on missions to help her take care of the guild hall. 

"Hey Hon." Yoshima said to him as he bent down and pecked her on the lips.

"Hey to you my good luck charm." he said as he started to kiss her on the neck.

"Uh, hey guys I may be blind but I can still hear you doing things that shouldn't be done in front of the children." Chinami mock whispered to the two of them. Once she said this Sain removed his face from his now red faced fiancé's neck. He turned to see Chinami smirking and Taki, who's hands covered Sorano's eyes, glaring at them. 

"Who you calling a child?" Taki grumbled. 

Sain opened his mouth to say something when all of a sudden Yoshima yelled from beside him making him jump.

"Shinju and Yumi! Knock it off with the fighting or I will kill you both!" Yoshima yelled so loud that everyone in the guild flinched and grew very quiet, while the two girls that were screaming in the middle of the guild hall, froze in fear. Yoshima wasn't a violent person but since she got pregnant she had grown a big temper, making everyone in the guild afraid of her. Truth be told they couldn't wait for the baby. Scary Yoshima creeped them out. 

"Wow, those pregnancy hormones are really getting to you aren't they Yoshi." Taki said from her spot on the bar.

"Yoshima-chan scary." Sorano responded as she hid behind Taki.

"Sorry, guys." Yoshima said loudly to the silent guild while Sain rubbed her back. A murmur of 'it's okay' echoed around the guild hall.

"It's our fault Yoshima, we shouldn't have been fighting so loudly." someone said, leaning against the bar. Yumi, one of the guilds strongest mages, stood there. She had thick and long light green hair that was pulled over her right shoulder and covered her one eye. Yumi had on a thin strapped brown dress that reached her mid thigh, and had a long green vine that wrapped around her waist several times. She also had no foot wear on, and on her right calf was a yellow guild mark.