Chapter 22

Sorry this has taken so long. School is really hectic. Promise I'll try and update more.

Also this story is about family but also about romance,which is what this story has been lacking most of all. I'm going to try and start bringing in more romance soon I'm just finding its hard. Rogue and Chinami is still my top pairing for this story. And you may have noticed I'm matching other couples up. Mainly other characters I think deserve a little bit of romance. I'm gonna try to include more from this point on. Especially starting in the next few chapters. those I'm most excited to write.

Also for those not caught up with the anime or manga, some spoilers will be showing up eventually but i will try to avoid them as much as possible. What will definitely come up is what happened to the dragons so be warned.

Also Chinami is pronounced She-na-mi so when people call her China its She-na not China.

AND on with the story. 

---------------------

"Sting what are you doing?" Rogue questioned chasing after Sting as he walked quickly down the hallway.

"I'm going to make sure she's okay." Sting mumbled, following the scents of Chinami and her fellow teammates.

"She didn't exactly seem as if she wanted to chat with you Sting. She's probably fine."

"I don't care. I want to know she's okay and find out exactly why she's so angry at me." Sting grumbled, walking faster down the hall. "And you know you don't need to come right!"

"I..." Rogue began to speak but came to a halt as the two of them stepped around the corner. All of the Phoenix Talon guild stood blocking the front of the infirmary doors. They're worried expressions quickly turned to a mixture of confusion and rage. They watched Sting and Rogue quietly as they stepped forward. The two dragon slayers made it halfway through the crowd of people before they were blocked by three men of equal size.

Jun, Raiden and Ren stood in front of them, glaring at them.

"I don't know what you think you're doing but you should leave. Now." Ren practically growled, crossing his arms over his chest and puffing his chest. The movement made him look bigger than he was, trying to intimidate Sting. Jun and Raiden nodded in agreement behind him.

"I'm here to make sure Chinami's okay." Sting narrowed his eyes, his hands curling into fists, cautious of the murderous intent coming off the men in front of him. Rogue cautiously watched the other mages around them and reached forward to place a hand on Sting's shoulder.

"Sting I think we should leave." Rogue warned.

"Listen to your friend." Raiden spoke up.

"I just want to make sure that Chinami's alright. She's my sister." Sting stepped closer. This made Ren tense as he stepped closer to Sting getting into his face.

"She's our sister and I'm telling you she's not your concern. We don't need you upsetting her and making her worse."

"Is she okay?"

Ren looked about ready to snap before a small hand landed on his arm, pulling him back. Sumiko, the harsher of the two twins, stepped around him, facing Sting but sill keeping a restraining hand on Ren.

"Not that its any of your concern but she's fine. She's being taken care of by her real family." Sumiko said. "You need to leave now. She's made it perfectly clear to you that she doesn't want you around. So last chance, leave, before we make you."