Chapter 18

IMPORTANT

- This is about the NARRATIVE people have been asking what kind of narrative this is written in and many are assuming that it is Chinami's POV and wondering why everything is detailed when she's blind but that is not the case. The narrative of this story is in fact THIRD PERSON OMNISCIENT. Third person omniscient is a method of storytelling in which the narrator knows the thoughts and feelings of all of the characters in the story.

- Also, I promised that I would have this out weeks ago, but that just didn't happen because I spent some time going in for an interview and portfolio review for an art program at Beal in my home town. But I got in and am taking a grade 13 to do art every day for the next school year so wooo! Hopefully that means I'll eventually get good enough to have some official character designs for the whole Phoenix Talon Guild! I have a design for Chinami and hope to show you it soon, but it won't be all that good.

- AND I'm looking for an editor if anyone is interested on helping to fix up/edit future chapters and earlier chapters. If interested just send me a message and I'll get back to you.

NEW STORY

- I have also posted a new story called Phoenix Talon and there I plan on placing short stories talking more about the guilds other members. One chapter is up already and it was written by a friend of mine. I have also moved the Christmas Special there.

-

AND without further ado on with the story!

Also, don't own Fairy Tail at all.

Chapter 18

YEARS AGO

"Sting-nii can't you slow down a little!" Chinami's voice shouted out as she was bumped around by the crowds of people rushing to get home through the light snow. The little girl was dressed in a dirty white dress without sleeves, a backpack clutched to her chest, and her blue-white hair pulled into a low ponytail. Her little fingers and lips had a small blue tint to them and her nose was a flaring bright red. She tried to run forward but smashed into a stranger and tripped, landing on her front.

"Geez! So, annoying." A voice said as Chinami was suddenly grabbed by the arm and dragged to the side of the road. Standing above Chinami was an irritated, and young Sting in an orange vest, white shirt and blue pants. "Can't you move faster?"

"Can't you walk slower? Why are you always in a rush?" Chinami mumbled as she rubbed her now bloody knee.

"Why are you always so slow, fatty?" Sting grumbled. All he got in response was a sniffle from Chinami as she held her knee. Sighing he leaned down and grabbed Chinami's bag, shuffling through before he found what he was looking for. "Knock it off you'll just make it worse." He said before pushing Chinami's hand away. As he started to wipe the blood away Chinami tried squirming away. "Knock it off."

"But it hurts nii-chan." Chinami cried.

"Deal with it."

"But it hurts Sting!"

"Just deal with it!" Sting yelled as he gave her wound a little flick, making her give a cry of pain. After she started to cry more he placed a bandage on the bloody wound. "There. Next time don't be so clumsy, I don't have time to worry about you all the time."

"...Will you kiss it better?" Chinami whispered.

"Ewww! No!" Sting yelled jumping away.

"But nii-chan mom always did it and it made me feel better. Well she didn't really kiss she just brushed her nose against it but..."