Darkness in a Dark Place

Sidney knew she didn't do it. She wasn't a child killer. She wasn't a killer at all. Yet here she was, locked up in a maximum security prison. She'd been found guilty. Someone had framed her. She was so scared. The other prisoners, both monster and human, were ruthless. The guards were cruel. She was scared. This wasn't her element.. she'd rather be at home reading.. she was an English teacher, not a murderer. She sat huddled on her bed. It was her third day here. She was lucky not to have a cell mate, yet. A clamor rose and fell just a quickly. It was common for the others to get loud when someone was passing by, but now it was so quiet that she could here the footsteps coming. Who in the world could shut them up so quickly?

🥀🥀🥀

Sidney slipped hesitantly out of her bed and over to the bars. She peeked through them to see them. Or more specifically, it. It, he, was only four foot in height in the least but the thick, black goo that made up his body made him look bigger, scarier. His mouth was set in a firm line, one eye covered in the goo. He had four tentacles that dragged on the ground, incapacitated via arrows. His arms were cuffed. A Cyan eye looked from cell to cell, making the prisoners back up by the viciousness in it. She was mesmerized. Behind the fierce gaze, she could see pain and sadness. He made eye contact. She couldn't break away. He stopped a minute. She didn't back away. The guy behind him, a skeleton with a paint brush, shoved him forward. The monster snarled at him, but continued walking. Sidney watched them leave. "Who was that..?"

🥀🥀🥀

Sidney left her cell for rec time. She was hoping that maybe she'd see him again. He didn't show. But A 47042 was. Sans. He was.. a friend of sorts. The only one who's ever spoke to her. Warned her. This place was bad for everyone. Worse for monsters. Even worse for females. She'd heard.. things about the guards. About the prisoners. One wasn't supposed to show fear in a place like this. She.. was working on it. It was hard for her. She wasn't the hardened criminal that everyone thought she was. She sighed grabbed a random pack of cards to play solitaire. As long as nobody came over, she'd be fine. She shuffled the deck and laid out the game. Her thoughts were on the creature again. His saddened stare. From anybody else's point of view, it would have looked like someone asserting his dominance. To Sidney, it was a silent cry for help. One he himself probably would deny. "hey kid."
"Sans.. hi." She'd tensed. "I have a question."
"and i have an answer. what's up?"
"Who was the goopy guy?" Sans eye flared and his phalanges dug in you're shoulders. "don't involve yourself with that guy, sidney. he's as dangerous as it gets."

🥀🥀🥀

After that, he'd left, leaving Sidney uneasy and more afraid than ever. Was he really that bad? The goop monster? He'd looked intimidating, sure but more alone and sad than dangerous. Perhaps one of these times, she'd pay him a visit and ask herself. First she'd have to find out where he was being held. That meant interacting with others.. with a sigh, she returned to her cell early. Maybe she could just wander. Find the strange, sad, goop guy herself. Sidney combed through her long, wavy brown hair, her own brilliant blue eyes focused on her goal. Find the goop, get some answers. Then she slipped out.