Chapter Five

Percy was sitting in the co-pilot seat practically falling asleep, He didn't need as much sleep as Quill or even Gamora but being awake for the last week didn't exactly help him, "Yo, Ranger Rick! What are you doing?" Percy jumped. "You can't take apart my ship without asking me! See, what is this?"

Rocket was sitting in a corner surrounded by scraps and now broken components of the ship. He stopped him about halfway down, "don't touch that It's a bomb."

"A bomb?"

"Yup."

"And you leave it lying around?"

"I was gonna put it in a box."

"What's a box gonna do?"

He pulled an obvious present out from one of Quills drawers, "How about this one?"

Quill knocked it out of Rockets hand back into the drawer and pushed it closed "No! Hey! Leave it alone."

"Why? What is it?"

"Shut up."

"Hey!"

Percy stood up and sat in front of Rocket, "What is that?" He asked, gesturing to whatever he was working on right now.

"That's for if things get really hardcore. Or if you wanna blow up moons."

From the other side of the room Gamora pretty much shut it down "No one's blowing up moons." She sounded a lot like a mom friend, actually she sounded like Annabeth when he and Leo had gotten together. The thought of the two of them made his heart clench. Annabeth stood with him, he kept close tabs on her, and she had to leave the Mythological and moved all the way to Alaska to avoid them, Nico and Will following. Leo had died years ago at only 16 in the battle with Gaea. He missed his family, he missed Annabeth and he felt bad for leaving her in that situation, but he couldn't go back to Terra. Zeus would blow his top and send the mortal world into utter chaos if he found out Percy survived.

"You just wanna suck the joy out of everything," Rocket muttered.

"So, listen, I'm gonna need your buyer's coordinates," Quill said, turning to his monitor.

Instead, Gamora answered, "we're heading in the right direction, for now."

"If we're gonna work together, you might wanna try trusting me a little bit."

"And how much do you trust me?"

"I'd trust you, both of you," Quill pointed to Percy who was still on the ground with Rocket, "a lot more if you told me what this was." He took the orb from her with no problem really, she wasn't holding it too tight. "Because I'm guessing it's some kind of weapon," he said placing it on the console.

"I don't know what it is."

"If it's a weapon, we should use it against Ronan." Drax said picking up the orb.

Gamora Immediately leaned forward, "Put it down, you fool. You'll destroy us all."

"Or just you, murderess!"

"I let you live once, princess!"

"I am not a princess!"

"Hey!" Quill stopped them, "Nobody is killing anybody on my ship! We're stuck together until we get the money."

"I have no interest in money." Drax threw the orb up and Percy shot up to catch it before it could hit the ground.

Quill shrugged letting Drax walk past him, "Great. That means more money for the four of us."

Groot made a whining noise letting Quill know that he was still there and wanted in on the deal too. He sighed frustratedly, "For the five of us. Partners?"