Leaving My New Home Once

It's been a week ever since he lose Sondra.
He's been starting to have nightmares about seeing the world destroyed, monsters rising, dead people screaming for freedom from the false savior The Marker, and he sees the knight who wears black armor with nightmarish features and that scars inside the black crystal gauntlet, finally he sees its eyes starring right at him and it walk to him with a dark bladed longsword glowing with symbols embedded.

Few days ago he has overworked for half a week Commander James told him he needs rest. And also told him about his past when he was chasing his wife's killer for a week. He got weak and got lucky he had called backup. James explains to him he was cocky a little, he learns a lesson from his Commander that he has told him the same thing. Again he told Jaune that he's different from his younger self. He told him he has more honor then James and others in HQ to meet that level. He thanks him for greatly giving a hell of a day to rest for them.

Jaune was sore and got up and went to the sector to go back and finish his projects he's been working on. As he puts on music to put in a mood for him.

As he was doing his thing and riding a tram. He started to visit the Barrows just checking on Jennifer who is not well for some reason, Jaune thought about it but stops as he cannot enter to their home without Colin's knowledge. The video screen pops out he sees Jennifer in front of the screen.

Jennifer: Hey Jaune. Ugh can you come to my apartment?

Jaune: Uhh what about C-?

Jennifer: Don't worry I told him you be coming to check up on me.

Jaune: Sure, I'll be there.

Jaune went to the Barrows apartment. He felt like he's doing Colin a favor but then again he still feel like he needs more trust as he thought of it. Jaune press a codes for their apartment door as it opens he sees Jennifer with her robes on as he walks in.

Jaune: Hey Jen, how are you feeling?

Jennifer: Not well but it's getting worse.

Jaune: Sorry Jen. I wish there something to make you feel better.

Jennifer: It's okay your doing your best.

Silence without noise or a word she breaks it.

Jennifer: Are you okay?

Jaune: Yeah I'm fine see?

He fakes his smile Jennifer sees through him on what's wrong with him and the cause of his depression, and she knows he's lying.

Jennifer: Jaune please tell me the truth

Jaune can't say it if only Jennifer never reminded him of his mother, including the words he remembers what she told him before he got here.

Jaune: Okay you got me. It's Sondra.

Jennifer: Something happened to the both of you?

Jaune: Only her. She died from a mad man with a gun.

Jennifer's eyes widened and covers her mouth with her hand as Jaune continues his story while looking down.

Jaune: I try keeping a promise to a friend and her boyfriend's dead. And I lost Sondra from a guy who wanted to kill me. Then.... I went blank into the nothing to a broken promised I couldn't keep.

Jennifer got up from the chair and bend down in front of him and place her hands to his cheeks.

Jennifer: Jaune look at me.