Chapter 2

Late at night, there was nothing but silence. Soon rain started falling down, along with thunder and lighting.

Y/N is sleeping soundly... till she heard a crashing... from her grandmother's room.

Y/N immediately got up and ran to her door. As soon she was about to open it she heard some type of weird noise.

She opened the door and when she did. She say blood on the bed, her grandmother wasn't on the bed.

Her eyes followed the path of blood and saw the most horrifying thing she has ever seen in her whole entire life... a demon killing her grandmother.

She was frozen, couldn't move a single muscle. Her shaky breath filling up the silence. Till she finally had the courage to grab a cane, holds it up above her shoulders, carefully walking towards it and smashes it on its head.

The demon yelled in pain and was knocked out immediately. Y/N was scared for her life, her grandmother's blood was all over the place.

She kneeled down next to her and holds her hands. "Grandma... grandma! Please don't leave me! Grandma please! It's still your birthday! You can't die!". She carried out.

She felt her hand grasp by her grandmother. "Y-Y/N... run...", she whispered. "Go to Sakonji Urokodaki... h-he can help you... he can keep you safe..", she coughed out blood and was gasping for air.

"No grandma! I can't leave you! You can still make it!", she cried out more and more that she couldn't even see right.

"Keep the necklace with you... and make sure... to be safe... please.. for me... my little moon star...", she holds Y/N's face on her palm and view it one last time.

She took her last breath and finally passed on. Y/N was sobbing. "Grandma... please don't leave me.."

She was in tears that she forgot that there was a demon behind her. Y/N turned around was saw it was gonna attack her.

It's sharp claws went straight toward her face, but she went the other way.

She ran out the door and out to the forest. Rain was falling upon her.She was in a kamano so it was trouble to run in it. She hid behind a tree, there was nothing but silence.

She was soaking wet, her clothing was getting harder to run in so she sat down and grabbed the bottom of her kamano and ripped the cloth so make it easier. She looked behind to see if the demon followed her... but there was nothing.

She gave a big sigh till something fell on her shoulder. She turned to the side and saw... blood. She looked up in horror and saw nothing but the demon.

"FOunD YoU! LiTtlE GirL!", it whispered. She screamed and continue to run. She didn't know where to go but still continued on.

She was getting away from the demon but stopped cause she made it to the edge of the cliff. 'No..NO! This can't be...',she thought to herself.

She heard the demon laughing from far away, she was panicking and didn't know what to do. "I CaN smElL yOU LitTLe GiRl, I caN sMEll yOur fEAr", it yelled out.

She looked at the bottom of the cliff, there was a river that makes to the other side of the mountain. 'If I follow the river I can make it to Tanjiro's house, yes that could be it'.

The demon was getting closer, she looked back and went backwards. She ran toward the edge of the cliff and jumped.

The demon was close by getting her kamano but missed. "DaMMit! I WiLl FiNd yoU! YOu heAr mE!", it screamed out.

The demon's voice was fading till she fell into the river. The river was splashing hard since the storm was forming up.

She made it up to the river, but was having trouble since the river was pushing her to other directions. She began coughing since water was getting her face.

Thunder began coming down, it hit a tree up ahead of her and clashed into the river. She panicked and was trying to swim under in but it was too late.

She hit her head against it and fainted. Nothing but darkness formed around her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Y/N... Y/N! Can you hear me..", she heard a voice. It sounded familiar, she knows that voice.

Her eyes slowly opened, snow was falling upon her and the stranger. "Thank god your ok! I was worried!", she turned her head and saw... Tanjiro.

He was soaking wet, his Haori was on a tree. "What we're you doing in the river? You could've died! Especially in the cold out here."

Y/N started to remembered what happened last night. Tears started to form again, she sat up and had her hands on her face. "My... my grandma... she- she's dead!", Tanjiro looked at her in horror.

"A demon broke into our home and killed her! I was able to escape... but-but I wish I was able to save her!", she broke down.

Tanjiro got closer to Y/N and put his arms around her. He pulled her closer to his chest and smoothed her hair.

"I-it's ok Y/N, I guess both of us went through a rough day haven't we?", Y/N was confuse by what he said. "What do you mean?", she questioned.

Tanjiro's face sadden, "My family... my family were also killed by a demon. Just a while ago." Tanjiro looked at something behind him.

"A demon turned my sister into one of them...", Y/N looked behind as well and saw Nezuko. Y/N's face was now frighten, Nezuko's clothing was was all drenched and covered in blood.She had a bamboo on her mouth.

Y/N scooted away from Tanjiro, Tanjiro turned his head back to Y/N. "Don't worry Y/N, she won't hurt anyone. She's alright, still the same Nezuko you know."

"Your talking like this is alright. How am I suppose to know she won't eat me! She's a demon! Demons eat humans!", Y/N was backed up to a tree.

"Y/N... if she was dangerous, she would've killed me by now and you.", Tanjiro explained.

Y/N looked at Nezuko and seen her features once more. She still have those eyes you admire, still looked adorable as ever. You got up to your feet and head over to Nezuko.

You took slow steps, once you gotten closer, you brought up your hand to her cheeks and looked at her closer. Nezuko stayed still and never made a sudden move till she pushed her cheek deeper into your palm.

She closes her eyes and just feels your hand. Perhaps she still remembers you. You we're yet again started to cry and hugged her. "I'm sorry Nezuko! I'm so sorry!", Tanjiro watched what happened and smiled.

He got up to his feet and grabbed his Haori. "C'mon, he gotta find that Sakonji Urokodaki guy. Giyu said he was on the other side of the mountain.", Y/N stood frozen and looked like she was about to give up life soon.

"Y/N, you ok?", he said. "I had just gotten here from there... I think imma pass out again...", Y/N then saw a green basket. "What's that for?", she questioned.

"Oh! That's for Nezuko, Giyu said that demon's weakness is the sun, one touch from the sunlight they are good as dead!", he explained.

Y/N looked at Nezuko then at the sky, 'could demons really die from that?', you questioned yourself.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A few moments passed by, you and Tanjiro we're walking to the hills along with Nezuko who was holding Tanjiro's hand.

"I think we should find shelter for the night, it's already dark meaning demons are out there.", Y/N stated.

"Yea! We should... look a house, and the lights are on meaning someone is probably in there.", Tanjiro ran up to the door knocking on it a few times.

No one answered so he opened the door to see a horrific view like from before... a demon eating humans.

Y/N wanted to know why he was just standing there so they took Nezuko's hand and went to where Tanjiro was standing.

"Tanjiro what's wro-...", before Y/N asked the full question, they too now understand why he was looking so scared.

Chill went through her/his spine, goosebumps on their arms trembling with fear. Seeing the most terrifying view.

People laying there on the ground... dead. Blood painted against the walls, smeared on the ground like someone was crawling with their hands. Then Y/N sees a demon is now upon them.