Chapter 5

The night started off quiet, crickets making noise, the fog filling up the mountain while the leaves on the trees were floating to where the wind was taking them.

Till then Y/N and Tanjiro were making there way down the mountain. Struggling throughout the traps that was made by the old man.

Y/N was out of breath, since they sprained their ankle it was harder for them to run. Tanjiro on the other hand was ahead of her, he kept getting hit by pebbles out of no where.

Y/N accidentally tripped on one of the traps and arrows started  heading towards their way. They quickly dodged for it and rolled over to a tree and hit their head against it.

You groaned in pain, putting your hand over your head. But you had no time to waste.

You kept on going, you didn't care about the pain! You just wanted to prove that you could do it. You wanted to find a cure for Nezuko and get revenge on the one who started all of this.

Tripped on a trap again and knives started coming your way. You jumped and did a flying cartwheel. Knives slowly going through a piece of your hair.

Once you landed your sprained ankle became even more in pain. Tanjiro looked back to you, "Y/N! Are you alright?!", you looked at him in pain.

"Y-yea! I'm ok! Keep going, I'll catch up!", you said. He nodded and kept going. You started running with one leg, but that was even more difficult.

Then you see the end of the mountain. You looked in shock. Your smile emerging on your face. You started speed walking, you got closer and closer, not even being focused on the traps.

Then you stepped on something. You looked down and saw a rope surrounding your foot. "Ah sh-!", the rope pulled you up. Now you we're upside down.

"No!no!no! Not now!", you tried to pull yourself to your foot but the more you tried, the more the rope gripped even more on your foot. You were yelling in pain.

Tanjiro was far from gone so it was gonna be impossible to call for him now. Probably already made it to the end of the mountain.

You looked up to the sky and seen the sun rising. You started to panicked and tried harder to untie yourself. But it was meaninglessness.

You gave up, you couldn't do it. "Grandma... I'm sorry! I won't be able to make it... I'm sorry!", tears started to form. You silently cried.

The necklace came down from under your clothing around your neck. You looked at the two dragons. You didn't believe what you were seeing.

They started to going around in circles, glowing more and more. You didn't know what was going on cause you covered your eyes from the brightness.

But out of no where you fell to the ground. You laid there for quite a while cause that was a little painful for you. Like someone was stepping on your chest and running out of oxygen.

But then you see that the rope was burned, you were confused. Then you realize you still have time to reach to the mountain before the sun is up.

You ignored the pain and ran as fast as you could. You see Tanjiro heading straight to the cabin. You kept on running till you finally caught up to him and fell immediately at the front of the door.

Tanjiro quickly looked worried, "Y/N! Are you alright?!", you tilted your head up and looked at him in a calm face. "Yea! I'm fine! Just quickly open the door."

He looked at the door and quickly opened it. There you see Sakonji in front of Nezuko who was still resting. "W-We made it!", Tanjiro said in a tired breath.

He then fell to the ground along with you. Sakonji looked to your direction, " You did good Y/N...You did good!", you gave a side smile and then closed your eyes.

A while later, you and Tanjiro were freshed up and started to eat some delicious soup that Sakonji made. "Careful! It's hot!", he said while passing the soup to you.

You quickly took at and started gobbling it all up. "AHHHHHH! ITS HOT! ITS HOOOOOTTT!"

"Y/N YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO WAIT TILL THE SOUP IS NO LONGER HOT!!!", Tanjiro said in a panick.

"I JUST TOLD YOU IT WAS HOT!!! WHY DIDNT YOU LISTEN TO MY WARNING!!!!", Sakonji yelled out.

"IM SORRY!!! I WAS HUNGRY AND I WANTED TO TRY OUT YOUR DELICIOUS SOUP!!! AHHHHH IT BURNS!!!" You said while trying to fan your tongue with your hand.

A few minutes later...

There you were touching your bruised up tongue. "It was worth it! That soup was really good!" Tanjiro grabbed your hand.

"Stop touching it! It will get worse if you mess with it.", he said. He then grabbed his bowl and started eating.

You then looked at the window looking up in the sky. "Do you think I'll make it in the 'Final Selection'?"

Tanjiro looked at you in a worried face. His put the bowl down and turned to you. "What's with that question?"

"Well since I couldn't kill the demon back at the cabin... I wouldn't think I'll be able to kill the demons in the final selection.", you looked at him with a sad face.

Then turned your head back to the window,"I wouldn't probably be able to make it out alive. I'll probably end like how my grandmother died!"

Then you felt two hands on your face turning to Tanjiro who looks pretty mad. "Listen to me Y/N! You're gonna make it out of there! You're not gonna die cause I'll be there to protect you! Just like I know you'll do the same thing with me!", you looked shock just from him being angry.

"And you can't die cause I want you to be by my side when we kill the one who started all of this! The one who killed the ones we love! The one who got us here in the first place! Me and you we'll make it and end all of this so that other people won't have to ever experience that ever again! And I don't want to lose you Y/N! You and Nezuko are all I have left! I wouldn't know what to do without you both! So please... don't say that you won't make it... cause you will!", he said

Tears were forming around his eyes and started to slid down his cheek. You were the same way too. You hugged Tanjiro really tight. He shoved his head onto your neck.

He started sobbing and held on to you. "Me and you will make it out of this! Promise me! Promise me that you'll be by my side! That me and you will the kill that person together!"

You rubbed his back and looked at the sky that was filled with the stars.

"I promise..."