Chapter 9

You and Tanjiro finally made it to the Final Selection.

As you waking through the path. There were a lot of beautiful trees. Those were Wisteria trees to prevent demons from leaving or entering.

You raised your hand and touched them. They we're beautiful. Loving the way it glows making it more unique than ever.

You saw Tanjiro doing the same thing and couldn't help but smile. You then continued to make your way to the entrance.

They're were a lot of kids there. Probably like up to 100 or more kids. Couldn't believe it.

A lot were talking about getting money and proving their the best or something like that.

"We're all gonna die.", someone whispered out.

It was a blonde boy looking like something spooked him up real good. Really creepy.

"Tanjiro... um do you really think we can do this?", you questioned. You stopped walking and faced him.

He stopped as well and looked at you. He gave a small smile and put his hand on your shoulder. "I'm gonna make sure we both get out of here alive. I promise!", he then put his arm over your shoulder and pulled you close.

"Let's keep walking.", you started walking along till y'all went to the front.

"Hello children!", a small girl with white hair came into view along with the other with black hair.

"Welcome to the Final Selection! We all hope you pass the test. You will be spending 7 days in the area killing as many demons you can!", the white hair said.

"Yes! After the test you will officially become demon slayers where you will be receiving your swords! We wish you good luck!", the black hair said.

Then the gate opened and everyone started to run into the area. Tanjiro grabbed your hand and started to go with the others.

You let go of his hand and ran beside him. People then began to kill the demons.

You kept running till you heard something yell. It was a demon heading straight toward you. You grabbed your sword and did a breathing technique.

"Moon breathing: 1st form! Moonlight!", a light came from the sword as you sling it to its head. Burning it's neck to easily get through.

It then went to ashes. "Wow! First demon I killed!", you said with pride.

"Y/N!", Tanjiro yelled out. You saw another leaping to you. Tanjiro was able to kill it before it got to you.

"You gotta watch your surrounding! There are more of them remember!"

"Right! Sorry!", he nod and went to killing more demons.

As you about to follow him you heard a whole lot of people screaming. You turned around a saw kids running from something.

"RUN! WHILE YOU STILL CAN!", a girl yelled at you.

You looked at where the thing was and when you finally spotted it. It had to be the biggest demon you ever seen.

It was carrying a boy by its neck. He was dead. Just holding him like people would hold a dead chicken.

Pulled him up to its head and opens its mouth. Gobbling him up whole without chewing. Blood spilling down its body.

"Delicious!", it yelled out satisfied.

You were just standing there witnessing the whole thing. You were hearing Tanjiro call out your name but you wouldn't move.

It then spotted you. "Oooo a girl! Wonder if you taste good! Maybe I have to find out!", it's arms went to you. Your body couldn't move at all.

You tried to pull your arm up but your body just couldn't do it. Everything then came to slow motion.

The hand slowly reaching to you. Your breathing began to get out of control. Like something was crushing your lungs, your heart beating faster and faster.

'BODY PLEASE MOVE! WHAT AM I DOING?!', your yelled in your thoughts. The more closer it gets the more your body went stiff.

Someone crashed into you and moved you out of the way. The demon then missing you.

"Damn you boy! I was about to eat this girl!", it yelled out.

"Oh! You both have the mask! You must be that Urodaki Sakonji's students. He just keeps sending more for me to eat!"

You looked beside you and saw Tanjiro looking at the demon with disgust. "What do you mean?!", he yelled out.

"Oh! You think y'all were the only ones he sent? Well you are wrong! And I remember each one really well. Let me see... my two top favorite was a pink boy. He tried to cut my neck but it broke so I had the advantage to crush his head! And a girl, she couldn't even have a chance to I torn her apart!", he yelled out with crazy in its eyes.

"This is his punishment for sending me here! I'm gonna kill every student he brings here and leave him in despair! I have already killed 13! Make it 15 when I kill you both!", his hands then make its way toward you both.

You quickly moved to the side and grabbed your sword. "MOON BREATHING! Third form: Flowing light!", light swirled around you and headed for the hands. Wrapping around them and slicing each hand to pieces.

"YOU DAMN GIRL! I'LL MAKE SURE TO KILL YOU SLOWLY!", it yelled out.

Then Tanjiro did his first form on him and was able to slice him good.

That pissed it off more and headed to Tanjiro. "IM GONNA DESTROY YOU!", you jumped over his head and found a string attaching its head.

'That's must be an opening!', but then it snapped. The hands were behind you without you seeing it coming. A hand grabbed you by the waist and smashed you to the ground.

"That was a distraction! You thought I was going after him but I was still going after you. Stupid girl!"

It picked you up and threw you toward a tree. Breaking a bone from your arm. You yell in pain. You couldn't move anymore. Then you started to get dizzy.

You looked to where Tanjiro is and see he was running to you. Then got slammed by the demon.

"Tan... jiro...", then you fell to the side, laying on the ground. Trying to stay awake. But you blacked out.

"I'll be eating your friend here.", it makes its way to you but then was stopped.

Tanjiro was in front of you. Blood coming down his head. Trying to stand while holding the sword. Breathing in and out but slowly.

"If you want to get to her... YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME!"