Chapter 10

Tanjiro's POV:
"YOU FOOLISH BOY! STOP TRYING TO STOP ME ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!", it yelled out.

I struggle to hold onto my sword but I still have strength left. I will not let anything happen to her. Her and Nezuko are all I have left!

"You are not gonna put your filthy hands on her!", I yelled out angrily.

I'll make sure to keep my promise. To be by her side and for her to be in mine. Me and her will become demon slayers and finish off Muzan Kitbutsuji!

The demon grew more arms and started to try to grab me. I quickly grab Y/N and moved out of the way. I started to run off to try and distract it.

The demon then began to chase after us. I made sure no person was in sight so they would be in no harm.

I heard it yell out of annoyance. I looked back and see that the hand was already above us. I used my form to create a form.

"WATER WHEEL!", that gave me enough time to hide Y/N so I can finish it off. I went behind a tree that had a hole inside. I placed her gently in it and made sure she was well hidden.

I looked at her and see she had a scar on her face. And had some bruises on her. I moved her hair out of her face and stroke her gently on her face.

I got back up and went back to the demon. I got my sword ready and waited for its arrival. I heard it's loud footsteps.

It came into the distance and started to look around. "Where are you boy! I just want you to come out so I can tear you from limb to limb.", it yells out.

The footsteps keeps getting closer and closer. Till I see it's hand move to a tree from the side. Then shows it's face.

"There you are!", he said in a creepy tone that gave me chills down my spine.

I tightened my hand round the handle. And aimed the sword at him. He started to walk towards me.

"Where did you put your friend at? I would really love to know because after I eat you, imma have her as a dessert. That would be a fantastic meal for today.", his eyes were showing the satisfaction, probably imagining the whole thing.

My anger started to boil like crazy. He could even think about getting to Y/N. If he thinks he can get her, he's dead wrong.

"Not gonna tell me huh? Alright then, Let me take a guess...", silence came to presence.

Then he lifted on of his hands and pointed to the tree. "She's in there isn't she?", I hesitated. I forgot he came smell blood. She has a scar on her face, that's how he can smell her.

"NOW TIME TO EAT!", he hands came to me faster than before. I got my sword and swung it to its wrist and cut it off before it can get me me.

But it grew back. He gave a smirk and smashed his arm against my stomach. Making me fly to a tree. It was painful when I clashed to the ground.

I couldn't feel my body anymore. I looked at the demon and see it was in front of the tree I put Y/N. I started to panic and try to get up. But my legs couldn't do it.

I had no choice but to crawl. Then demon bent a little and put its arms inside the hole I put her in. My heart began to beat faster. I started to fear that it's gonna get to her.

Then it pulled out something. Y/N! She was getting pulled by her leg and making her go upside down. She was still unconscious.

"Hehehe, I finally have you. Then will be delicious.", I got to its feet and grabbed it. "NO! LEAVE HER BE! YOU CAN'T TAKE HER FROM ME!", I yelled out.

I feel tears coming down my face. I can't let her be killed! I promised her that I will protect her. But I'm failing at that! I want her by my side when Nezuko turns human. I want her by my side when we kill Muzan.

I felt my Haori get pulled up. I was above the ground and see the demon smirking. "You fool, just making it harder for yourself. After I'm done with her, I'll get to you next.", it then threw me to the ground way far away from them to reach.

My body began to feel even more pain. I looked up and see it put her above the demon. It opens its mouth and started to pull her down. "Y/N! Y/N! WAKE UP PLEASE! NOOO!"

Flashback

Back at their town, Y/N and Tanjiro were 9 years old. They we're at the market buying food for their families.

"What should we make for tonight Tanjiro?", you questioned looking at Tanjiro. He turned to you, put his hand on his chin to think.

"We should make rice balls and Mother's best ramen soup!", he yells in excitement. You agreed and began to search for the ingredients.

Y'all were done and began to walk up the hills to Tanjiro's home. You then paused. Tanjiro noticed and stopped as well. He looked worried cause you looked down and every time you do, something was up.

"Y/N? What's wrong?", he walked up to you and put his hand on your shoulder. You looked up sad. "Grandma is sick... the doctor said it could get worse.", Tanjir then looked more worried.

"Is there a cure to the sickness?", he questions. You shook your head. "It's something that can't be cured. The doctor even said she had a few years to live. She told me not to worry but the thing is... I am worried. I don't want her to go! She's all I have.", Tears then began to appear and fall down your cheek.

Tanjiro put the food down and gave you a hug. "Everything will be ok Y/N. Whatever happens I'll be here. Grandma wouldn't want you to worry. I know she can overcome it. She wouldn't want you to cry. So try and be happy for her.", he said with a smile.

"You promise you'll be here?", you questioned in a low tone. He pulled his pinky up. "I promise!", you smiled softly and pulled your pinky up and put it against his. Making a promise that can never be broken.

Flashback ends

All you saw was darkness. You heard someone call your name. But can't open your eyes to see who is calling your name. Then a woman appears from the darkness, walking toward you.

She was wearing a read Kamano, Her hair was black, her lips red as blood. You were standing as she was walking more closer to you.

Now she was in front of you, her eyes were closed."W-Who are you?", she didn't answer. Instead she puts her hand against your cheek and smooths it.

"You'll know soon enough... my little Y/N.", Then opens her eyes. Her pupils were red as her eyes were black. She then puts her finger to your forehead. Her nails grew and sticks it to your forehead.

You felt pain. Felt blood coming down your skin. You couldn't move a muscle. Once she pulls it out, you fell to the ground on your knees.Started to yell in pain. Felt like something was put inside you and causing to feel things changing.

You looked at your hands and seen your nails were growing just like hers. Your two pointy teeth started to grow and feel more pointier. You then felt your eyes changing also. But now the only thing you see was red.