Chapter 18

I laid Inosuke on his back. Then started using a cloth to wipe his face. I kind of feel bad for not telling him about Tanjiro and his sister. But I didn't know him enough to tell him.

Tanjiro comes up from behind and hands me his haori. "I think he'll need this." He smiles.

I took the haori from him and covered Inosuke. Tanjiro then gets on his knees next to me looking at Inosuke.

"It's good seeing you again. I didn't think we'll meet again a little too soon."

"Me too. I thought we wouldn't see each other in a couple months or years. But it's nice that we are together again." I finished wiping Inosuke's face.

Then I felt a hand on my leg. I looked and see Tanjiro staring at it. "How did this happen?"

I looked at my leg and see blood soaking my pants. I forgot to treat it. "A demon stabbed me in the leg with a dagger. It's not that big of deal. You should've see what they did to him. He almost died because of the poison. But I was able to save him in time with the demon's blood. It was the only cure."

"Not that big of deal? Let me see it."

"Tanjiro it's fine."

"You have to at least treat it Y/N. It could get infected or worse." He looks at me with a worried look. I couldn't resist it because of how freaking caring this boy is. And because I know he won't stop until I give in.

I did nothing but sigh. "Alright..."

"Thank you." I sat down and pulled up the clothing to show the injury. The wound was pretty big.

"They put the dagger really deep. And you said it's not that big of deal. I bet you couldn't walk when you came here. Maybe that's why he came here before you did." He pulls out some bandages, alcohol and needles. This was really gonna hurt.

While he was treating it I look next to me. The blonde boy was still holding the box. While the other kids were next to him checking to see if he was alright.

"Who's he? Was he assigned the same mission as you?"

"Yeah. I happened to cross paths with him when he was trying to get a girl to marry him because he thought he was gonna die soon. After that he started to follow me so I could protect him."

"Wow. That must've been a lot of work. We're those other people in there?"

"Yes,they were hiding in the trees. Their brother was the one in there since a demon grabbed him and took him in there. There was also another person but... he didn't make it. He was thrown out the window and died when I was by his side. I went inside to save there brother. I told them not to come in but you know how kids are. They got in because they didn't want to be alone.I managed to get them to safety and killed the demon. It was very rough but I still made it through. How'd you meet him?"

I looked at Inosuke who was still resting. He looked very calm when he's asleep. "It was really unexpected. I was walking to the location I was sent to after we left each other. He came running in towards me wanting to fight. I was able to knock him to his senses. He was the one that saved my life from the last fight with a demon. If it weren't for him I would've never made it. Me and you would've probably never meet again. So I owe it to him."

"I see. Then I'll owe it to him too."

"Why?"

"Because he saved the person I care about. Deeply. Therefore I owe him for that." He looks at me. Giving me the smile I missed a lot. I couldn't look away from his stare. It was like he was hypnotizing me. I gave a small smile towards him. He looks away to my leg wrapping the cloth around my wound. "There we go. That should do it. Does it hurt?"