Chapter 6

It was now a fresh morning. Birds were chirping, bees were buzzing, and the wind blowing against the trees.

Two kids resting on the futon tiredly, After their long journey from the mountain they are getting some rest before training starts.

Got all cozy till suddenly that didn't last long. Something hard fell upon their stomachs hard, pain emerged. "AHHHHHHH", they yelled out.

"Time for training children! No time to waste!", Sakonji pointed out. "But we only had one hour of sleep...", Y/N said.

"Welp that's gonna have to wait cause if you wanna be demon slayers, you must know what it takes to be one!!!", he then pulled out two out.

"You are training to become demon slayers! The Final selection will happen in about a year so it shall gives us enough time to train before that day comes! And it should give you enough time to know the demon who started all of this chaos! No other than... Muzan Kitbutsuji!"

You and Tanjiro felt chills just from hearing the first name.

"Alright! The first task is to learn how to breath!", Sakonji said. "But... we already know how to breath!", I said confused.

But the answer he gave was a hit on the head, "Not that type of breathing! It's the total concentration of the form you'll both learn once you are given what type of form you'll be given!"

Tanjiro and Y/N understood now and both took a very calming breath. After that the calm was once destroyed once again from getting punched in the stomach.

Tanjiro clenched into his stomach while Y/N looked like their soul was once again taken away and fell to the floor. Drool falling down their mouths.

"You must do it correctly! Try again!", Y/N got up slowly and tried again till it happened again and fell upon the ground. Tanjiro was scared for his life knowing it's gonna happen to him again.

The next day came by and was now onto another lesson. "Next Step is to learn how to handle a katana! Give me 100 swings!"

'So this is suffering?", you thought to yourself. You and Tanjiro started doing 100 swings, Tanjiro was handling it very well but for you... we're not doing so well.

You arms were getting craps just by doing 20 swings. You have yourself a break till a pain came to the stomach and fell to the ground.

Tanjiro saw and started doing the swings faster and was fearing for his life more. "No breaks! Give me 100 more for that!", he yelled out.

The next day came after...You three were now next to the waterfall on a cliff. "Now you must become the water Tanjiro!", he kicked him to the water. Tanjiro tried running up but that didn't work well.

You were laughing so hard... worst mistake ever. Now again pain in the stomach, the ground you go. "For you young one! Must become the light but from the moon!"

"H-how am I suppose to do that if the moon isn't out", you questioned in pain. "Good question! Give yourself a break for today but at night your training will start!", he said proudly.

You looked like you were about to give up on life. Training AT NIGHT!!!

You hear Tanjiro yelling for some reason. You crawled to the end of the cliff and see Tanjiro about to be crushed by the waterfall. "FOR NEZUKOOOO!!!", he yelled out.

A while later you were back at cabin looking at Nezuko. She hasn't woken up for a while amd was worried. She's been like this for months now.

You laid your hand on her forehead, "Don't worry Nezuko... we'll make this all go away soon, just wait a while longer."

It was now night, Tanjiro was inside the cabin resting while you were suffering the consequences for not resting when you were suppose to be.

You were on the high mountain, mediating in front of the moon. You were trying so hard not to fall asleep but fails. Everytime you do, Sakonji hits you with a stick on top of your head.

"No sleeping! You must concentrate or you'll never learn!", he said.

You rubbed your head from the pain. "UGHH!!! What am I suppose to be doing anyway!", you complained.

"Suppose to become the light of the moon!", he said with confidence. You looked at him like he was getting insane each minute.

"How am I suppose to become the light of the moon! That sounds impossible!", he just stand there... not giving another word.

You were frustrated already so you just closed your eyes again and concentrated more. It was silent for a few minutes till Sakonji decided to say something.

"Your grandmother said the same thing...", he said in a soft tone. You quickly turned to him. "My grandmother did this before!", you yelled out.

"...Yes... she was a slayer, she used moon breathing as her technique! She would always complain about how it took her such a long time to become the light of the moon. When she finally passed she was happier than ever. Went to the final selection and became a slayer she was destined to be.", he looked at the moon and stared at it for awhile.

"She was my friend that I wish to protect. We were partners for a decade till... she found love. She retired when she found out she was pregnant with a child... your mother."

You were shocked from learning the back story of your grandmother. Including your mother. "You knew my mother! What was she like?", you questioned.

"When she finally gave birth I haven't seen her for awhile till she decided to visit. When I saw your mother, she was beautiful just like your grandmother. She had her eyes and it looked exactly like yours. So each time I look at you... you look like your mother and your grandmother."

He then stopped for a moment. It was like he hesitated to go more forward with the story. "Years went by and and your mother was already 18,it was like just yesterday she was a little infant. Then something strange happened, your mother went missing.", he clenched his fist.

You were worried cause he never was like this before when you first came here. "Your mother was missing for 4 years till she finally decided to come back. But she was different..."

"What do you mean different?"

"...She was a demon"

You were getting more shocked each second! You would never knew that your mother was now a demon.

"She was... a demon", you said.

"Yes... she was. I didn't want to believe it either. Especially your grandmother, she wasn't like her old self. She didn't even tell us how it happened. But the only reason she decided to come back was to show... you."

"We finally realized that after all those years. She was pregnant with you. But while she was still human. The only thing she told us was she was in love with a demon, not with just any demon... I'm sorry to say this but, it's better to tell you know then to know yourself..."

You were getting more afraid then before. You wished you never heard the next words that Sakonji was gonna say.

"The demon she was in love and had you was... Muzan Kitbutsuji! The king of demons."