Chapter 11

Tanjiro's POV:

I kept crawling toward them, seeing Y/N about to get eaten by the demon. I couldn't give up on her. But when I got closer, I see her moving.

When her arms touch that demon's tongue. She grabbed it and ripped it off from its mouth. The demon then yelled in pain. His yelling was close enough to hurt my eardrums.

It threw her to the ground and covered it's mouth. Blood was going everywhere on its body. "THAT DAMN BRAT!!! SHE RIPPED MY PRECIOUS TONGUE!!!", he yells in anger. Bit his words were kinda messed up.

I looked to where Y/N was at. She was lying down. I couldn't see her face because her back was facing me.

Her body moved again. Started to get up. Still didn't turn around. When she was fully standing up. Her hair started to change color.

Her hair turning white as snow with black tips. Seeing her skin color change. She then turned around. Her eyes weren't the same as I saw before.

Her eyes were black with red pupils. With red markings surrounding it on her face. With little black cracks around her face.

What the hell happened?! Did the demon do something to her?! No... she's a half demon. Something must've triggered her or something.

When I looked at the demon. It was frozen with fear. The demon was shaking. Lots of sweat coming down it's face.

"Y-You're... You're their daughter!", he said with fear. "I-I didn't mean the things I said. I'm sorry for trying to eat you! I didn't know you were the girl! I'm sorry! Please forgive me!", he begs.

She didn't say anything. She raises her left hand to the side. Red blood coming from her hand. Making it float and creating a sword. She then points it at the demon.

The demon got even more scared, he took a step back and looked at me. "YOU ARE THE CAUSE OF THIS! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!", he yells.

His hands were coming at me the same time. I was surrounded. No chance of me surviving this. I shield my head with my arms. My face was on the ground. But I didn't feel anything.

I looked back up, the demon was no longer in front of me. But instead he was right next to me but his head was missing. The body was just there. Not moving.

I see Y/N standing next to the neck of the body. Her sword was covered in blood. She shows no emotion, just standing there looking at the ground.

"Y-Y/N?", I finally was able to speak. I wanted to know if she was okay. She didn't say anything. But instead she walks up to me and helps me up.

Once she was able to get my arm under her shoulder. She was taking me to the head of the demon. The demon's head was just there next to the tree with at least on if it's arms.

"This can't happen...", he says. "I can't die like this!", then tears came down his eyes. My heart was now shattered. I bet he didn't want any of this. Maybe wanted to be human throughout his life. But the future has terrible things for him.

I went down on my knees, and touched his hand. I think he was surprised because he was just looking at me in shock. Then more tears came. He started to disappear his ashes. Then I see Y/N put her hand on his head.

"Rest in piece...", she whispered out. Then he was gone. Silence was now upon us. We just stayed is this position for awhile. Until I felt Y/N's shoulder slip away from my arm. She fell to the ground.

"Y/N!", I yell out. I crawled to her side and shook her. But she wouldn't wake up. She was probably unconscious. She was still breathing. That's good.

I got up, it was a struggle since my body was quite injured. But I paid no attention to it, all I wanted to do was to protect Y/N until she wakes up. I picked up up to the knees while I went down on mine. I got her settled on my back and started to walk around till I find a good spot to rest.

Hours later

Your POV

I didn't know what happened. All I know was that there was a women who did something to me. It was strange because the only thing I saw was red. I heard noises but I couldn't wake up to see what was happening.

Then everything stopped. My eyes started to open up. All I saw was the sky and the trees. My head started to hurt really bad.

Then I remembered. Me and Tanjiro were fighting a demon. The last thing I saw was me getting knocked down by it. Then I was blacked out. I quickly got up and looked around to see where Tanjiro was.

I didn't see him anywhere. I started to panic, I left Tanjiro alone fighting the demon all by himself. I wanted to know if he was alright.

"Tanjiro!", I yelled out. There was no answer. My breathing started to go faster, I was scared. Did he get killed?! Is he lost?! Where is he?!

Then something touched my back, my soul left my body. I screamed. I looked behind me and it was Tanjiro.

"Hey, Hey. It's okay! I'm here!", he said in a calm voice. I quickly got up to my knees but my ribs started to hurt. "Whoa! Whoa! Take it easy! You've been through a lot.",he stops me on my tracks and laid me back down.

"Where were you?", I questioned. He turned around for a moment and clothing with something inside. "I was hunting.", he said.

I sigh with relief. Then I something started to feel heavy in my chest. I felt my lips quiver , then tears coming from my eyes. Guess I was feeling guilty. I thought he was dead because of me.

"Hey! Hey! Why are you crying?", he said with a worried expression. I looked up at me and hold his hand. "I-I thought you were gone. All because of me! I was weak! I should've just got stronger to help you with the demon! But I blacked out and left you to finish it off! I-I'm sorry! You've should've just let the demon finish me off so I wouldn't be in your way!", I said. Then I started to sob a lot.

Tanjiro didn't say anything. He was just sitting there being silent. His head was down, not being able to see his face. He then picked my head up and put his legs under my head.

I couldn't stop sobbing, the feeling was just deep down coming all out at once. Tanjiro's hand began to sooth my forehead, all the down to the back of head as farthest as he can go. Then stayed to him a song.

I remembered this song. It was a song that grandmother would sing to me when I was young. It was easy way to get me to sleep. I forgot Tanjiro remember this the time he was over.

Flashback

Grandmother was asleep on her bed. But then felt someone shaky her gently. Once she woke up she saw your little self with tears on your face.

"Little moon star? What's wrong?", she questioned. "I had a nightmare. I thought you died. Just like mommy and daddy. I didn't want you to leave me. I need you grandma.", more tears came down on your face.

Grandma sat up from her bed and pat of her lap. You got up and laid your head down and she stayed to sooth your forehead.

"Flower, Gleam and Glow. Let your power shine.", she sang. Moving the blanket up to cover you up.

"Make the clock reverse. Save what has been lost. Bring back what once was mine.",then she sees little Tanjiro by the doorway peeking through. She signals her hand for him to come to her.

"Heal what has been hurt. Change the fate's design.", little Tanjiro climbs up the bed and lays right next to you. She covers him up too.

"Save what has been lost... Bring back what once was mine.", Then you had Tanjiro went asleep.

"What once was mine.", she kisses your forehead. Then went back to lying down with you two by her side. With a soft smile on her face.

Flashback end

I suddenly felt sleepy again. Then as soon as I closed my eyes. I heard him say, "I would always need you in my life Y/N... no matter what happens, whatever path we take. We'll always have each other by our side."