Chapter 8

Fog floating into the trees, sword clinging to each other filling up all the silence.

You crashed against a tree from the blow of the mystery girl. "I'm quite sorry there! I thought you would block that attack... guess I was wrong.", she said calmly.

"This is so out of ordinary! How did you do that without making a sound.", you said surprisingly while struggling to get up.

"Don't know how to quite explain it but for me. I just gotta be part of the silence of nature.", she went to help pick you up.

"Silence of nature?", you questioned.

"Yes! Gotta make sure you can avoid making contact with nature. For example the leaves leave a whoosh sound every time the wind goes against it. Listen!", she covers your eyes and hold you close.

You listen closely and could hear the leaves rustling every time the wind would come by.

You opened your eyes and see she was no longer covering them. She was next to the other tree.

"Wha-what?! You were just right here! Now you're over there!", shocking came to you.

"That's what I mean! You have to avoid the nature for you not to get caught so easily!"

"Wow!", you eyes start showing stars to show admiration.

"Now back to the fight!", she said in a scary tone.

"Wait what?!", the wood sword comes in and you weren't able to block it once again.

"Makomo enough! We're giving them a break!", the boy said with Tanjiro over his shoulder.

"Alright Sabito!",  she put the sword away.

'Makomo! Nice name, even that boy's name!',said in your thoughts.

"Poor boy... Don't you think you were a little hard on him", Makomo said in a sad voice.

"Makomo! You know we can't do that! Think a demon would go soft on them?"

Sabito laid Tanjiro next to you. "You two need to strengthen up! If you expect to become demon slayers. You must learn what it takes! You can't just easily kill a demon! There are challenges!", he said calmly.

You nod in agreement.

"Now... let's begin shall we.

6 months later

It was a snowy day. You and Tanjiro stand besides each other facing toward Sabito and Makomo.

You were nervous cause you'll be going against them when there is little time for the Final Selection.

If you lose, you'll miss your chance to become a demon slayer. You wanted to have revenge on your so called father.

You kept that emotion within you to fight against her.

You look directly at her and notice she was very calm. She gave a soft smile and you did the same.

Till she began to leap forward. You got ready and got to position. You block the attack and pushed her off.

You now made a move and went straight forward. But she dodged it and went behind you.

Pushed you toward the rock. She jumped forward and swinger her sword straight to you.

You had no choice but to dodge as well. You have an opening and went for it.

You cut her mask instead. Then everything stopped. She stood up and turned to you.

"Heh... you finally did it..", she gave a soft smile. You were confused till you blink your eyes from the dust. When you opened.

She was gone. You looked at Tanjiro and Sabito and saw him without a mask.

He had such a pretty face, blue eyes with a scar on his face. He also gave a smile to Tanjiro and then vanished.

You looked at the rock and seen it was sliced in half. You were shocked from what you were seeing.

You couldn't believe you sliced a huge boulder. Teary eyes formed in your eyes. You jumped with joy. "WE DID IT!!!", you screamed so loud that the birds flew from the trees.

Tanjiro was still there looking at the rock. "Are you okay Tanjiro-san?,", you questioned.

"We... finally did it... we.. WE'RE GONNA BE DEMON SLAYERS!!!", he yelled out in joy.

He ran to you and hugged you. He picked you up and spun around. Both of you were chuckling in joy.

He stopped and put his head on yours. "Can't believe it. I'm just so happy. Are you?", he looked into your eyes and waited for a answer.

"Yea. I am.", you said in a calm voice.

You and Tanjiro then started walking to the cabin to tell the good news.

Sakonji was waiting for you both. "I see you both did it.", he pat you on the head.

"Yea! We did!", Tanjiro said in a happy voice.

"Come! You must be hungry!", he served you both Ramen soup with meat and veggies.

"Be careful it's sti-", "AHHHHHHHH", you yelled out.

"HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL YOU TO BE CAREFUL WITH THE FOOD WHEN ITS HOT", he yelled angrily.

"IM SORRRYYYY!!! I JUST CAN'T RESIST YOUR DELICIOUS FOOD SENSEI!!!", you cried out.

"O- Ok you both. Let's just enjoy our meal", Tanjiro said nervously.

A while later Sakonji was giving Tanjiro a hair cut. "Awww! I liked the long hair! You would probably be more good in braids or maybe a ponytail.", you stated.

"Long hair would get in the way. It would gives others advantage to pull it and slow you down.", Sakonji explained.

"Maybe I should cut yours as well!", he said.

"WHAT NO WAY!!! I LOVE MY HAIR!!! LAST TIME I DID THAT SOMEONE THOUGHT I WAS A BOY!", you explained.

"Well it's better than getting held hostage because of the hair.", Tanjiro said.

"Nope! No way! Not in a millions years!", you huffed.

"Well time to rest! You'll be leaving tomorrow!", he said opening the room to the beds.

You got up and headed to the room. Tanjiro as well but Sakonji put his hand on the shoulder.

Guess they we're gonna chat. You didn't mind, just wanted to rest. So you slept.

Next day

You and Tanjiro were getting ready to head out. But had to say your goodbyes.

"Don't worry Sakonji! We'll be back!", you said in confidence. Tanjiro agreed as well.

"I just want y'all to be safe! That's all!", Sakonji pat both of y'all.

"Be safe!", was all he said.

You and Tanjiro began to make your journey. You looked back one more time and stopped.

Sakonji may have a mask one but to you. He looked sad. You ran toward him and hugged him tight. He was surprised but did the same thing.

You let go and ran back to Tanjiro. He looked worried. "Are you alright?", he said. You look up to where the sun is rising. Where birds were flying from the trees and heading to the sky. Clouds in a pinkish color slowly turning white.

"Yea... yea. I'm fine", you said as you turned to Tanjiro and gave him a soft smile. Which he smile back. "Then let's get going!"

You both started walking and couldn't wait to go to the Final Selection to become Demon Slayers.