Part 1 - The Groom

Note: Please comment your thoughts and views so that I get the motivation to write multiple chapters faster.

Synopsis and characters:

Anokhi, a pure soul, was raised in an orphanage in Shimla. She had nobody in the world. She was quiet, somewhat submissive, but brave and had a heart of platinum. She also loved reading a lot. Anokhi read all sorts of books, but she loved romantic novels the most, especially the classics. Even in the dark dorms of her orphanage, she stared at the moon for hours and dreamed of love. Her soul yearned for care, companionship, especially after the death of her best friend, Nidhi.

Shaurya, a well-read and classy lawyer, was also a part-time lecturer at one of Mumbai's renowned law colleges. But due to some personal reasons, he left his job and went back to his hometown in Shimla to stay with his sister. He was a kind soul, compassionate and philanthropic. He worked on pro-bono cases with a small NGO and it gave him tremendous satisfaction.

What will happen when the two souls meet? Will it be easy to fall in love? Not really! Because Shaurya Saberwal is 14 years older than Anokhi (the girl without a surname).

Does age really matter in love?

Part 1 - The Groom

Year 2002 - Shimla

Anokhi! Damn! Didn't you ever gate crash a wedding? - A frustrated Nidhi pressed her hand hard.

A 15 years old Anokhi was still shaky, - Nahi Nidhi, hume ye nahi karni chahiye.

Are abhi nhi karegi to kab karegi? Zindagi ka maza to le le yaar. Aur hum ladki hai. Agar pakde bhi gaye to log hume pitenge nhi - She winked at her best friend, who was pale as a ghost.

C'mon!

She pulled her by the hand and led her towards the large decorated gate of the venue. The sound of shehnais became louder as they got closer.

Anokhi tugged at her hand - Jane dena Nidhi, kya zaroorat hai ye sab karne ki?

Nidhi was adamant - Tu chup chap chal. Bad mein, as usual, tuhi bolegi ki maza aa gaya Nidhi.

Anokhi knew that there was no escape from her crazy best friend.

The guard stopped them and asked them to show their invitation cards. Nidhi took out two cards that she had stolen from her purse. The guard lifted his brow, as if he was doubtful of the girls, so young and without any elder person accompaying them.

Nidhi guessed it and said - Mummy ji aa rahe hai. Unhone kaha ki hum pehle chale jaye aur bhaiya bhabi ko gift dede.

He looked at the wrapped present in her hand, smiled and let them inside without another word.

On entering the venue, Nidhi quietly placed the empty gift box beside a water fountain and pulled at Anokhi's hand. She was still pale.

It was a brilliant showdown, and both the young girls were mesmerised by the enormity of the venue, the music, the lights and everything else. However, Nidhi was quick to regain her composure.

Muh band kar le Anokhi - she quipped.

Anokhi became conscious at once. She had never been in such a beautiful place. And neither did Nidhi. How would they? They were brought up in an orphanage, where the only celebrations were of Annual days, birthdays, Easter, and Christmas, that too only the bare necessities were followed. This seemed to be a royal affair.

They looked around, and Nidhi suddenly got excited to spot the food stall. She hurried towards it and took up a plate. Anokhi, on the other hand, was more engrossed in the decorations. Noone took any notice of them. Nidhi had managed to borrow two pairs of gorgeous party suits for them, so it was easy to mingle in the crowd. And both the girls were beautiful, no doubt. Anokhi was more serene and calm, while Nidhi was sparkling and stunning, despite her young age.