Part 10 - Beginning or End?

Hello!

As we all know, our most-awaited ShaKhi MV is going to drop anytime in the afternoon today. So, I thought why not to keep you'll engaged and patient till then? Here is a double dhamaka for you! Another chapter 😀

____________________________

Shaurya watched from a distance as Anokhi laughed and cracked jokes with her friends. She seemed happy. They had not interacted much in the last week, and Shaurya was already regretting his decision of coming back to the classroom. It was evident that she didn't need him anymore. However, he was also gaining some followers, students who loved his lectures and discussed stuff with him. It would be entirely wrong to say that he was not enjoying his new stand as a professor. But the fact that Anokhi had drifted away from him, hurt him. He missed her.

Anokhi noticed Shaurya coming towards the canteen and got up suddenly, ready to leave. But she was a little surprised when he walked past their table without a word. She tried to conceal her feelings,

'Chalo main chalti hu. Hostel mein kuch kaam hai.'

'Kya saaf safai karegi yaar?' Sonakshi quipped, 'Hostel mein kya kaam ho sakti hai tujhe? Baith na thodi der.'

Anokhi sat down reluctantly. Ahir asked her, 'Are you okay Anokhi? You look pale.'

Reema eyed them but didn't speak. Ahir always seemed to be distant from the rest of the group but with Anokhi, he was quite warm.

'Nahi, main thik hu. Bas thodi si thaki huyi hu.' Anokhi replied.

'Agar aisi baat hai to main tumhe drop kar du?' Ahir was persistent.

'Nahi nahi. It's okay. Itni bhi buri halat nahi hai meri. And bdw you know I hate bikes.' She made a face.

'Koi baat nahi. Let me walk you then.'

Anmol whispered into Sonakshi's ears, 'Yeh aaj usko ho kya gaya hai? Itna chipku kyu ban raha hai?'

Sonakshi lowered her voice, 'Wahi to. Ye achanak neem ka patta se rasmalai kaise ban gaya?'

Anokhi nodded her head, 'Ahir please. Agar zaroorat padi to main khud......'

She couldn't finish her sentence as a loud 'Aahh' startled all of them. They turned back to find Shaurya standing a few feet away, arms across his chest, breathing heavily. It took them a few seconds to understand what was going on. A student had accidently spilled hot coffee on him, probably causing burns. 

'Shit!' Anmol cried. Shaurya was visibly suffering. He was about to run to his rescue but found a shadow speed past him like a spark of lightening. It was Anokhi. She ran to his side and pulled at his arm.

'Chodiye aap...dekhne dijiye mujhe...'

Shaurya didn't object, as she removed his hand from the wound. There was a big, moist spot on the right side of his chest where the coffee had spilled. Anokhi didn't know what to do. Without thinking, she took a glass of water from the table beside and splashed it on the spot. The pain receded a little. Shaurya caught his breath after a while. The student who had spilled the coffee came towards him,

'Sir, I am so so sorry. I am so sorry....'

Shaurya was about to say something but,

'Hath mein garam coffee lekar thoda sa to careful rehna chahiye kyu? Jaan bujhkar to koi accident nahi karta na? Accidents careless hone se hota hai. Itni garam coffee tumne inpar dal diya? Dhyan kahan tha tumhara?'

Anokhi didn't realize but she was shouting at the top of her voice. Her friends were stunned. They had never heard her raise her voice on anyone.

Shaurya looked around. People had already gathered there, relishing the scene.