Part 16 - Untangled Emotions

Mature content 18+
Read at your own discretion

'Anokhi?'

Shaurya whispered into her ears, as they lay in each other's arms.

'Mmm?' She replied, holding him tighter.

'Aab age kya?' Shaurya asked her, 'Aab kya karenge hum?'

'Pata nahi', Anokhi was reluctant to spoil the moment.

He smiled and pulled her closer. Although he didn't want to think of anything at that moment but several thoughts crossed his mind.

How will he go back now that he had confessed to her about his feelings? Should he go back at all? How will Anokhi plan her life after this? They took this step to release their bundled up emotions but they didn't think it through. How will things be from now on? He had to stay there for another week for Shekhawat's case. Will Anokhi accompany him? Should he ask her? And what about the guy in her life? Is there anyone or was she lying in angst?

'Shaurya!' her voice snapped him back to the reality. It was good to hear his name from her lips.

'Hmm?' He pressed his lips to her temple.

'Itna mat sochiye,' Anokhi said, 'Main kahin nahi jaanewali. Aur aapko bhi kahin nahi jane dungi...'

Shaurya felt a surge of emotions that made his eyes moist. Could it really be possible? Could he really start a new life with her? Shivangi was right. He should have come back sooner. But somehow, he wasn't sure how Anokhi would react to the entire thing. Why would any woman, talented, beautiful and vibrating with youth wish to spend her entire life with a disabled person? He had his insecurities and fears of rejection that prevented him to face the reality. And in the process, he had hurt her more. How much she loved him! From the very first day, her love had never diminished. It was unbelievable but true! He could never expect someone to love him like that.

Holding her close, he kissed her with all the passion in his heart. She groaned like a child, lifting her face to kiss him back, on the lips. Putting her hand inside his shirt, she felt his bare chest and his racing heartbeat.

'I love you, Shaurya,' she whispered against his lips. Moving down, she kissed him on the lump on his throat, 'I love you'. Planting deep kisses on his chest, she kept repeating those three words, overwhelming him with passion and fervour. As she moved further down, Shaurya closed his eyes, drowing in her innocent yet intense expressions of love. Suddenly, she jumped up, 'Oh shit!' she cried out in panic.

Shaurya opened his eyes, 'What happened? What's the matter?'

'My phone! I had switched it off in the afternoon and didn't switch it back on. Oh no! He must be so worried! He must have send out a search party for me by now.'

She got up from the bed and rushed to pick up her purse from the table. Shaurya watched her but didn't say anything. A cloud of fear started to form in his mind. So she wasn't lying! There WAS someone else in her life.

'Hello?' Anokhi started speaking over the phone, 'I am sorry so sorry! Mere phone ki battery down ho gayi thi. And I was so busy the whole day. I am coming after a while. Please maaf kar de mujhe. I thought you may have stormed the police station by now to lodge a missing complaint. Ha ha', she chuckled, 'Okay okay, I will be there soon, don't worry.'

She hung up and heaved a sigh of relief.
'Thank god usne kuch kiya nahin. Mera phone off hota hai to woh pagal ho jata hai, as if someone would kidnap me or something.'

She climbed on the bed and came towards Shaurya, who was sitting up, and tried to put her arms around his neck, but surprisingly, he shoved her away.