Part 18 - Happys Endings?

'Arey I am coming I am coming! What's the row about?'

Ahir opened the door and Anokhi stormed in, fuming to herself.

'Samajhta kya hai apne aap ko? Har cheez uske hisab se hogi kya aab? Meri koi izzat hi nahi hai? Pura beizzat karke chod di hai....'

Ahir was stunned, 'Arey Anokhi, kya hua kuch to bolo? Who insulted you?'

'Aur kaun? Mr. Shaurya Saberwal! Unke alawa kaun kar sakte hai meri beizzati?'

Ahir swallowed, 'Did he tell us about our little encounter?'

'Are kya hua kya hai? Kuch to batao?'

'Kych nhi Ahir, mera sar dukh raha hai. Please mujhe ek pain killer la do?'

Ahir did not pester her more. She seemed to be in a pretty bad mood.

Anokhi ran upstairs, struggling with her tears and threw herself on the bed. She hated him. How could someone be so insensitive? Here she was trying to be his partner in every possible sense and he was always pushing her away!

She didn't know how long she had been crying when her phone rang. At first, she didn't pick it up as she was not in a mood to talk to anyone. But then, the phone kept on ringing. Irritated, she picked it up!

'Hello? What is it?'

'Anokhi? Am I talking to Anokhi?'

'Yes? Who is it?' the female voice seemed familiar but Anokhi couldn't place it. She checked the number. It was an international call.

'Anokhi, this is Shivangi. Remember me?'

How could she forget her?

'Haan! Ma'am aap? Aap mujhe phone kyu....matlab.....kya Shaurya ko....'

A fear gripped her. Did something happen to Shaurya?

'Shivangi, I have called you to inform you about something very important. Shaurya wapas aa raha hai....'

'Haan I know. For 7 days. He told me.'

'No Anokhi, you are not getting me. He didn't book a return ticket. He has no plans to go back.'

'What do you mean?' A lump stuck in her throat.

'Anokhi, he thinks that you deserve better than him and that you belong with Ahir, that friend of yours who put this into his mind. Anokhi, Shaurya pehle se hi bohot insecure raha hai after his accident. But the way you accepted him with his flaws, he forgot all about it momentarily. He was even planning to go back to Shimla. Aastha di was planning to return to India as well. But Shaurya called us last day and said that he was returning and that he will never meet you after. Please stop him. Please Anokhi. He loves you a lot. And he won't be happy without you. We know that. Just stop him while there is still time. His flight is in two hours.'

Anokhi put the phone down, her hands trembling. Shaurya is about to leave her again, in two hours. At first, she got furious. She wanted to strangle him. But then, something else crossed her mind. She had to stop him. They can deal with everything later.

Running down, she didn't inform Ahir that she was going out. She didn't want to risk losing more time trying to reason with him. But he saw her running through the door and ran after her.

'Anokhi? Kahan jaa rahi ho itni raat ko? Kya hua?'

She stopped. No, she had to face it. She turned.

'How could you decide who deserves me and who doesn't Ahir?'

Ahir stopped in his tracks. So she knew!