Part 9 - Unexplainable

It was Shaurya's first day to the college. After 3 years, he was about to chuck all his anxiety issues and get back in the classroom. And only because of Anokhi. He somehow felt that he needed to be there to check her impulsive nature and prevent her from doing something stupid, or dangerous.

While getting ready in front of the mirror, he closed his eyes and the headline of a newspaper article flashed in his mind - Law student committed suicide in the hostel by sliting his throat - Shaurya shuddered. No! He could not turn back now. The decision had been taken.

Aastha came to his room at that moment, 'Shaurya?'

He turned at her, 'Haan Di, boliye..'

'Tum thik ho na?'

'Haan, koshish kar raha hoon. Pata nahi kaise kar paunga but karna hoga mujhe.' He turned back to the mirror.

Aastha came towards him and rubbed her hand on his back, 'Calm down Shaurya. Aur kitna darr darke rahoge tum. Tum ek lawyer ho, aur ek professor bhi. Tumhara naam hai is field mein. Tum thik manage kar loge. I trust you.'

'Thanks Di. Aapki support mere liye bohut maine rakhti hai. Aab main chalta hu. Hostel se Anokhi ko pick up karna hai.'

Aastha sighed, 'Thik hai, dhyan rakhna apni aur uska bhi. Samajhdar ladki hai par thodi pagal bhi. Uska khayal rakhna.'

Shaurya smiled and nodded in reply. He knew how much his sister was fond of Anokhi.

After he left, Aastha folded her hands and prayed, 'Please, do what is best for them. Please.'

Shaurya parked in front of Anokhi's hostel and asked the security guard to inform her that he was there. But the guard said,

'Anokhi ji to chali gayi?'

'Chali gayi?' Shaurya was a little surprised. He had texted her that he would pick her up in the morning.

'Akele hi chali gayi?'

'Nahi akeli nahi. Apne doston ke sath gayi hai. Ajkal unhi ke saath jati hai college kuch dino se.'

'Dost? Kaun dost?' Shaurya didn't know that Anokhi had such good friends in college and the fact that she didn't tell him about it made him a little disappointed.

'Are kuch Anmol kehkar hai ek ladka. Uske saath Reema, Sonakshi aur koi Ahir namka ek aur ladka. Wo log kabhi kabhi milne bhi aate hai yahan Anokhi ji se.'

Shaurya felt a strange irritation. How could she not tell him that she had made friends in college? She always told him that she had no friends and that she always missed Nidhi.

Considering her a liar, he climbed into the car and drove away in full speed. No, he won't confront her regarding this. He had no business with her personal or social life. There was a line that he should not cross.

However, besides irritation, he felt something else. He didn't feel bad that she had friends but he somehow realized that she was cutting him off from her life, her circle. He didn't want that. He just wanted her to give up the idea of a relationship with him. But he didn't want her to push him aside. And it hurt him.

In the college, Shaurya had to go through some lengthy formalities before the Principal took him to the class to introduce him to the students. Yes, Anokhi was there. She looked up at him for a second and then lowered her eyes. She was sitting beside a guy at the same desk. Shaurya wondered who it was, Anmol or Ahir.

He gave a short speech and spoke a few heartwarming words. Most of the students were gaping at the young and dashing lawyer cum professor, and some of the girls were already swooning over his personality. But Anokhi kept her eyes down, not looking at him even for once. Shaurya noticed everything.