Home🏡

7:38 PM

7:38 PM

Seokjin was bone-tired. Today had been particularly draining - not only work wise, but also relationship wise.

Sighing quietly to himself, Seokjin rubbed his eyes before staring at the framed photo frame placed right next to his desktop. It was a photo of him and Jungkook, with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. Those were the good old days, they had just started dating. Everything was new and exciting back then.

Things are still great, Seokjin reminded himself gently.

He was just second guessing everything because it has been almost two days of radio silence from Jungkook's end.

Not that they were attached to the hip and messaged or called each other every three hours, but still this was the longest they've gone without talking to each other.

Checking his phone once more, zero new messages.

Deciding that it would be better to just head back home now and spend the new year's eve watching some netflix drama, Seokjin packed up his stuff and was about to leave, when someone knocked on his cubicle's door.

Surprised that there was someone else still working, Seokjin moved towards the door and opened it.

To say that he was shocked would be an understatement because he was beyond shocked. Standing in front of him was Jungkook.

His JK.

Dressed in multiple layers of clothes, bundled with a black bucket cap and scarf, was his boyfriend of three years.

Deciding that they why and how didn't really matter as long as he had Jungkook with him, he moved forward to embrace Jungkook.

His presence was more than enough to drive away all the stress and the tiredness.

'Jungkook-ah, I had no idea you were coming to see hyung'

Jungkook smiled with his eyes and cheekily replied

'That's how surprises normally work hyungie'

But then in a rare moment of uncertainty, Jungkook asked

'Did you, uh did you like the surprise? Me coming here?'

Seokjin could only stare at the love of his life, and think about all the good deeds he must have done in some past life to have Jungkook in his life.

He stepped closer to Jungkook and cupped his cheeks

' Of course Jungkook-ah. This is the best surprise ever'

'Hmm, okay then let's go home hyungie'

Jungkook spoke as he pecked Seokjin's lips and started to enter the door only to be pulled back by Seokjin who kissed him properly something much more than passionate and all the love poured in that kiss.

Jungkook whined as he lost himself in the kiss, he pulled away and joined their foreheads together as he spoke

'I love you Jin hyung and I'm really sorry that I didn't message you I know we aren't like one of those couples who just text everyday but I- just wanna apologise if you feel the love from my side isn't enough'

Something within Seokjin cracked, the way Jungkook spoke avoiding Seokjin's eyes unsure whether he had hurt Seokjin or not he realised that his Jungkook loved him the most in this whole world.

Seokjin smiled as he cupped Jungkook's cheeks once again and said

'I love you Kookie'

Seokjin giggled the way Jungkook's eyes lit up like a deer seeing headlight but soon those expressions soften as he replied back

'I love you too Jin hyung so much'
Both of them smiled like some fools but they know it was worth it.

'Now let's go inside if you don't want me to pass out right here'
Jungkook grinned

'Yes, let's go you brat'
With that Seokjin picked Jungkook up throwed him on his shoulder and ran inside the house

Both of their high pitch giggles were heard and honestly it couldn't be any better

Now that Jungkook was here, his apartment finally felt like home again.

A/N- I'm emotional😭
Please don't forget to vote❤️