Chapter 15

Author's Note: Hello! This is the last chapter of Bleed for Love. If you've reached this part, I want to thank you for reading all the way despite my inconsistency. I hope you enjoyed the second installment of Deceret Series as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you!

-

"Kuya!" dinamba ako ni Silver mula sa likuran. I nearly spilled the can of paint I was holding into my bed. Agad ko itong inilapag sa bedside table. "Let's play!"

"I have homework to do, Silver," I lied and wiped away some of the paint that had scattered into my fingers.

"But you promise me you would play with me!" naiiyak na niyang wika.

I sighed and turned to her. Her big brown eyes looked so sad and it twinkled with unshed tears. Ni hindi man lang siya nag-abalang ayusin ang buhok nang tumakbo dito sa kwarto ko.

"Just play with Thyron," I tried.

"I don't want to play with Kuya Thyron, he's a cheat!" she scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

Napabuntong-hininga ako. I glanced longingly at the canvas I just bought and then back to my sister. I skipped my afternoon classes today just to paint. I am eager to translate my ideas into paintings but I couldn't deny my sister her happiness.

"Okay, I'll just change."

"Yay! You're the best!" she jumped up and down and gave me a kiss on the cheeks before squealing her way out. Napailing ako at hinubad ang uniporme. I changed into a simple black shorts and white cotton shirt. Saka ko sinundan ang kapatid pababa.

I heard voices when I reached the grand parlor. Muted conversations. Tita Sidra's sympathetic voice. Then, I saw a tall man in ragged jacket and worn hat. He's talking silently to Tita Sidra. May hawak siyang malaking frame sa isang kamay. Ang isang kamay naman ay nakahaway sa braso ng isang batang babae.

Out of curiosity, I went to them and tried to gather from crumbs of their conversation.

"I'm really sorry about what happened. I never expected Debbie to... do that." Tita Sidra sighed and massaged her temples. "Let me help you and your daughter."

"Salamat," malalim at tila pagod ang boses ng lalaking kausap niya. "Ibebenta ko ang painting na ito sa iyo kahit na sa... murang halaga. Kailangan ko lang talaga ng pangtustos sa anak ko," he glanced lovingly at his silent daughter.

"Are you kidding me? I'm not going to buy this at a cheap rate!" Tita Sidra exclaimed. "You're an artist. Charge your worth. I'll pay an artist's price, as you deserve. You've always been talented. I'll wire you the money and I'll even try to recommend you to my friends who are redecorating their houses. Your works will surely lit the place."

The man seemed touched. He nodded and murmured something. Niyakap naman siya ni Tita Sidra saka binalingan ang batang babae. I remained rooted to the ground. The girl finally turned to them.

She had the face of a muse, I thought, while looking intently at her. But her eyes are on fire. I found myself getting drawn to her. I restrained myself from walking over to her to get a whiff of her scent. Because if I do, I'll never get her out of my mind. Scents stay longer in me like memories. She hasn't spoken a single word but I could not care less. Her mouth is made for kissing and reciting sweet poems, but it would not matter if the assumption is false because her cupid's lips would suffice. She must be a few years younger than me.

"Salamat po, Ma'am," she said in a silent yet calm voice.

"Take care of your Papa, okay?" Tita Sidra said, stroking her hair. I had a strong urge to feel her hair in a man's hands. I looked down at my palms and looked up at her again. The corners of her lips tugged upwards very slightly. A hint of happiness flashed across her rebellious eyes.