Chapter 5: Needing Something More

My relationship with Sirius was AMAZING for the rest of our years at Hogwarts.

I mean, yeah, there were some fights and things like that but that's normal in a relationship.

Sirius seemed content with just me back then.

When I had finally gotten the chance to ask him about me not being able to fulfill all his needs, he'd only said one thing about it

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, but I'm not going to cheat on you if that's what you're worried about."

He even gave me a new nickname, Doll, he uses this interchangeably, he was the only one that was allowed to call me this at the time.

The one time Peter tried to use the nickname, Sirius almost strangled him, which while it was funny, everyone else stopped it from happening.

That was enough of an answer for me at the time but soon after we graduated from Hogwarts we actually came to that bridge.

It was July on 1978 at that point, and he was clearly getting bored with just me.

He wasn't addressing the subject, and I didn't understand why, he was making it blatantly obvious with his actions.

He clearly needed something else besides just me and if he wouldn't bring up the subject I knew I'd have to, so that's what I did!

"Pads, we need to talk" I said, sitting at the kitchen table.

While James and Lily were coming over that day, it was early enough in the morning that we were alone.

He tried playing the entire thing off as a joke at first, which irritated me.

"We need to talk? I know! You're leaving me to be in some sort of kinky relationship with Prongs and Lils right? I knew he couldn't stay with just one girl, the nerve of him! Stealing my girl from me, so he can have some sort of kinky 3-way fantasy finally fulfilled!" he said, clearly trying to avoid the subject.

"Damn it Sirius! This isn't a joke!" I yelled, slamming my coffee mug on the table.

Luckily for me it was almost empty, so nothing spilled on the table.

At the mention of his real name, he stopped joking, knowing if he tried to joke further I'd just get angrier than I already was.

I hadn't called him by his real name in years and he was clearly surprised that I had used it now

"Fine! What do you want to talk about? You're not pregnant are you?" he asked this with a slight smirk, while sitting down at the kitchen table and putting his legs up.

I hate it when he puts his feet on the kitchen table, it's gross, but back to the conversation...

I gave him a dirty look and pushed his feet off the table, to which the smirk quickly left his face.

"No I'm not pregnant! If that's your way of telling me I'm getting fat you can shove it. I haven't gained any weight since we left school!"

He looked taken aback at the accusation

"I'm not calling you fat. Merlin's sake I don't get women." under his breath, thinking I couldn't hear him.

I knew we'd have to have this conversation sooner or later and with the fact he was clearly getting bored with our sex life, I was hoping to have it sooner as to avoid any unwanted resentment or even a possible break up.

I didn't want any of that for us.

"We need to cross that bridge you talked about in sixth year" I said looking at him.