Chapter three

This chapter was hard for me to write. I hope you guys like it. :)

Today was the day of the funeral. I couldn't bare to go. My Dad wasn't going to be here because he had a business trip. I didn't want to say goodbye, especially because, when I got here, I never really had the chance to say hello. I stood in front of my mirror with my black dress and heels on. I saw Louis' reflection and turned around. "Almost ready love?" He asked. "Yeah." I said trying to hold back tears.

"C'mon Lex. We can do this together. I know it's hard, but you're strong." He said. If only he knew how weak I really was. He took my hand and led me out to the car. We got in and drove to the church where the funeral was being held.

When we got there all the boys had already arrived. I sat next to Louis and Harry. Liam, Zayn, and Niall had to sit behind us because there was no room. One of my Mom's closest friends had just finished her speech, which told me it was time for mine. Harry gave my hand a squeeze wishing me luck. 

I got up to the mic and took a deep breath. "I can't believe i'm here right now. Talking at my mothers funeral." I said. "My mother was a happy person. She was always cheering Louis and I up when we were down. I remember once Louis lost one of his action figures and he cried because mom wasn't home." I said making everyone laugh.

"But when mom did get home, she made everything better.." I said looking at Louis. I had more in my speech, but I just couldn't read the last of it. I got off the stage and sat back down next to Louis. He hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. 

Zayn tapped me on the back. "That speech was beautiful Alexa." He really only called me Alexa if he was really angry at me or very happy with me, so I knew he meant it. "Thank you Zayn." I said. Niall and Liam gave my sympathetic eyes. I hate sympathy, but what else can you expect at a funeral?

The rest of the service went on fairly quickly. All I wanted to to do was go home, and it was finally time. Harry was going to stay with Zayn because they thought we'd be better off if we weren't bothered.

When we got home Louis and I went off to our bedrooms. I sat on my bed thinking. I really can't be with Jake anymore. I've never been able to keep long distance relationships. I picked up my phone and called him. "Hey ba-" He said before I cut him off. "Listen we need to talk." I said. "Alright. Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Listen I know this is a jerk move to do this over the phone, but I don't think I can do this anymore." I said. "What do you mean?" He asked. "I mean this isn't working out."  I said. "Are you b-breaking up with me?" He asked. "Yes, and I'm sorry, but long distance relationships never last." I said. "Okay.." He said in shock. "Bye." I said then hung up.

Most people would be upset after losing their boyfriend, but I wasn't upset at all because we weren't meant to be together. I heard the doorbell ring, but I was not answering it. About five minutes later there was a knock on my door. I guess Louis answered the door. "Who is it?" I asked. "It's Zayn." He said. "Come in." I said. The door slowly crept open.

"Hey." He said sitting next to me. "Hey.." I replied. "How are you?" He asked. "Well, I just attended my mothers funeral, I just broke up with my boyfriend, and-" I said. "You broke up with Jake?" He asked. "Yeah, it wasn't really working out." I said. "I'm sorry to hear that." He said. 

"So, lets continue with the conversation we had when we were walking to the beach." Zayn said. "Okay, but I don't really remember much from that day." I said reminding him it was the day my mother died. "We were talking about school and stuff.." He said. "Oh yeah, so what do you want to know?" I asked. "Why were people mean to you?" He asked.

"I don't know...maybe it was because I wasn't perfect like all the other girls.." I said thinking of everything I've done to try to be perfect. "You're perfect to me." He said. He didn't say it in a romantic way, he said it in a compassionate way. I could tell Zayn didn't like me like that, and I didn't like him like that either. We had more of a brother/sister relationship than anything. "Thanks Zayn. That means a lot." I said with a smile.

I opened my arms for a hug. Just as he was about to hug me he stopped. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Wh-what's that?" He asked pointing to my wrists. "It-it's no-nothing." I said pulling my sleeve down. "Alexa," He said. There goes the 'Alexa' again. He is angry. "...tell me." He said, his voice shaky. "All the people at school, all the pressure to fit in, and then I just lost my mother. I couldn't handle it anymore." I said. "Promise me you'll stop." Zayn said. "Zayn it's n-" I said. "Promise me you'll stop." He repeated. "Okay." that was a promise I was sure I was going to break.

He gave me a hug and said he was a bout to leave. "Zayn, wait." I said. "Yes?" He asked turning around. "Can we please keep this between you and I?" I asked. "Absolutely." He said. He turned around and left. I guess he came here to drop Harry off, because he was knocking on my door now.

"Come in." I said knowing it was him. He came in and sat down. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah." I said. I have always had feeling for Harry, but Louis would never allow it. "Zayn told me that you and Jake broke up." He said. "Yeah, I broke up with him." I said. "Well, it's his loss." He said. I looked into his eyes. He was just so gorgeus, how could I not kiss hime right now. 

I put a hand to his cheek and gently kissed him. "Sorry..I shouldn't ha-" I said as Harry cut me off with his lips. "It's fine babe." He said pulling away. I blushed and looked away. He got up and left the room and went downstairs. I was feeling a little bit better, and a lot less depressed, I guess Harry had something to do with that.

A little while later I went downstairs. Harry was the only one down, I guess Louis was still in his room. "Hey Harry?" I said. "Yeah.." He said still watching the tv. "Can we talk about what happened earlier?" I asked. "Sure." He said giving me full attention. "So what does this make us? Friends, friends that kissed, a couple?" I asked. "I like the last one a lot." He said with a wink. "But what about Louis?" I aksed.

"He doesn't have to know.." Harry said smirking. "Okay.." I said. He pulled me closer to him on the couch and kissed my head. Harry made me feel flawless, like I was perfect. The only thing that I hate is that I have to keep another secret from Louis.

I hope you guys liked it! It was not  my best :/ Tell me what you thought in the comments. Vote/Comment/Fan :) Thanks xx