Chapter Forty Seven

...

India

...

"*What are you thinking of at the moment?*" the words startle me... Not because Jian thinks to ask them... Or even that they've been whispered to me...

But simply because it is so late... And so silent... And I thought everyone else long asleep and resting...

The room had felt nearly empty after the candles were blown out... All of us chamber mates having laid down for the evening... My mind worried and keeping me awake due to being do very focused on the look of my suitors faces when excusing themselves earlier... They had not returned to have dinner with me tonight as they had done last night and the night before... And I cannot help but acknowledge the pit of despair that it has caused in my soul... "I was thinking of the pair of them..."

The simple sigh that my friend and peer  gives somehow brings me a level of both peace and nervousness that had not existed a moment ago... His body leaving his bedding so that be might crawl into mine next to me... His arm slung around my waist while I stare at him in shock, his answer being, "Do not start with me, India... It'll be easier to hear each other this way... And it'll be easier to talk... Now tell me what of your pair of suitors is keeping you up this evening... Is it maybe how much they adore you? Or is it their absence from dinner that is on your mind?"