CHAPTER ONE

EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE

CHAPTER 1

I look out the window in the throne room, I couldn't see it but I knew it was there, the blockade. I want to scratch my face but if I do I know the makeup will be smudge.

"Come on, the meeting is going to start" Padmé, my sister tells me, making me look at her, I nod and go to the throne and sit, soon the room is full with the governing council, and my handmaidens are seated around, with Padmé by my side.

As I was recently elected to rule my home planet, Naboo, I decided that my sister Padmé stays with me as my advisor, but my parents also decided that she stays with me for safety reasons.

"Contact the Trade Federation, I want to speak with them" I say "Right away, your Highness" Captain Panaka says and a transmission is made.

I see the Viceroy, "Again you come before me, Your highness. The Federation is pleased" he says "You will not be pleased when you hear what I have to say, Viceroy... Your trade boycott of our planet has ended" I say and keep my face neutral.

"I was not aware of such a failure" "I have word that the Senate is finally voting on this blockade of yours" I continue, "I take it you know the outcome. I wonder why bother to vote" The Viceroy quickly says, "Enough of this pretense, Viceroy! I'm aware the Chancellor's Ambassadors are with you now, and that you have been commanded to reach a settlement" My tone of voice raises, but I keep my face straight.

"I know nothing about any Ambassadors...you must be mistaken." He says and I see a change in his face, he didn't know that we knew the Ambassadors where there, he looks surprised.

After a few seconds of studying him I say, "Beware, Viceroy....the Federation is going too far this time." "Your Highness, we would never do anything without the approval of the Senate. You assume too much." He says surprising is reaction.

"We will see." I say and cut the transmission finishing it.

Padmé grips my hand and I squeeze back, "Your highness, we have a transmission from Senator Palpatine" "Put it trough" I say and slightly let go of Padmé's hand as the hologram of the Senator appears.

"...How could that be true? I have assurances from the Chancellor...his Ambassaodrs did arrive. It must be the...get...negotiate..." Palpatine starts saying but his hologram starts cutting away.

"Senator Palpatine?!" I say as he fades away, "What's happening?" I ask Captain Panaka.

"Check the transmission generators..." he commands and I look at Padmé worried,

"A malfunction?" The governor Bibble questions, "It could be the Federation jamming us. Your Highness." The captain tells me, "A communications disruption can only mean one thing. Invasion." Bibble says and I look at him.