CHAPTER ONE

THE ATTACK OF THE CLONES

CHAPTER 1

I land the fighter ship I was piloting and get out of it; I move and stand in the platform watching the door of the Royal Starship open and Senator Amidala walks out

"We made it. I guess I was wrong, there was no danger at all" Captain Typho says as he stands next to me, I only look at the Senator walk down the ramp with her guards and handmaiden.

I am pushed back by a force as the Royal Starship explodes, I look up from where I'm lying and see the ship, it's completely destroyed, I get up and run to the Senator, "Cordé" I say taking off my helmet.

I grab her and lay her in my lap, she looks at me "...I'm sorry m'lady...I failed you, Senator" I shake my head when she says that. She tries to continue but stop and her eyer flutter shut.

"No! no! no!" I say and look at her body on the floor, I feel the tears in my eyes, and turn to Typho when he kneels next to me. "I should not have come back" I mutter.

"M'Lady, you are still in danger" he says but I look at the bodies around. "This vote is very important. You did your duty and Cordé did hers. Now come" he says gets up, "Senator Amidala. Please" he tries again and I look at him.

I get up from the floor and he starts pulling me to the building, where my apartment was.

"I have to go to the Senate meeting" I tell Typho when we get to the apartment, "Senator, you just had an assassination attempt, I think the best it would be if you stay here" he says and I shake my head.

"No, like you said this voting is important, and when the senate reach the news of my "assassination" the whole point of coming would be for nothing" I tell him, "So I'm going to the meeting" he takes a while and then nods.

Now we start walking to the Senate building, in the pilot clothes I was wearing when I landed.

I walk into the building and we go where Naboo chair is, "Must I remind the Senator form Malastare that negotiations are continuing with the separatists. Peace is our objective here... not war" I hear the Chancellor's voice.

I push the button to move the pod to the center, "My noble colleagues, I concur with the Supreme Chancellor. At all cost, we do not want war!" I say and the room goes quiet for a minute, but then they start cheering and applauding.

Not all of them, "It is with great surprise and joy the chair recognizes the Senator from Naboo, Cassandra Amidala" The Chancellor says and smiles to me, I give him a small nod.

"Less than an hour ago, an assassination attempt was madeagainst my life. One of my bodyguards and six others were ruthlessly and senselessly murdered. I was the target but, more importantly, I believe this security measure before you, was the target. I have led the opposition to build an army... but there is someone in this body who will stop at nothing to assure it's passage..." I say directing to the whole Senate.