CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER 3

Once inside the transport, I was sitting on a box while Anakin on another and we had plates in front of us, with food that they served here, "Thank you, R2" I tell the little droid as he brings another plate

"It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi... not being able to visit the places you like... or do the things you like" I tell Anakin, moving the spoon around the bowl, "Or be with the people I love" he says and I look up at him.

My eyes quickly catch his and I frown, "Are you allowed to love? I thought that was forbidden for a Jedi" I ask him.

He smiles and take a little while to answer, Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi's life, so you might say we're encouraged to love." He says and I can help but stare at him.

"You have changed so much" I tell him looking down at my plate. "You haven't changed a bit. You're exactly the way I remember you in my dreams" he says and I look at him, a smile takes my face but I manage to control my face and look down at my lap.

******

The ship lands on Naboo and we take another speeder bus to get to Theed; once we arrived we got down and walk to the palace.

"I love Naboo, if I grew up here, I don't think I'd ever leave" Anakin says as we walk, I let out a laugh, "I doubt that" I tell him and he looks at me, "No, really, when I started my training, all I could think about was my mom, but I got very homesick and felt lonely" he says.

"But then my mind goes to this city, to get the thought of my mom out of my head and I would think how the palace shimmers in the sunlight, the way the air smells of flowers" he says and I smile, "And the sound of the distant waterfalls" I add and he looks at me.

"My first time in the Capital, I was very young, and I had never seen a waterfall before, they were so beautiful, I'd never dreamed one day I'd live in the palace" I tell him.

"Tell me, did you ever dream of power and politics when you were a little girl?" he asks me and I smile shaking my head.

"No! That was the last dream I had. When I was little I wanted to help the people around. I never thought I would end up being elected for Queen or be a Senator" I tell him.

"But I used to sneak in my sister classes and study with her" I continue, "I discovered more about history, the more I liked it and saw how much a politician could do, so one day I was with my sister, her teacher decided to do me an exam; I did it and she noticed that I had high score for my age"

"Padmé started helping me recover information so I could join the 'apprentice legislators' and she made it, then I got a Senatorial advisor, and I really liked it, that the next thing I knew I was being elected Queen, and I was just ten." I sigh and look at him.