CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER 4

"Cassie, you're back" I hear Padmé's voice and I turn to look at her, she smiles and hugs me, "How was it, I missed you" she says and I chuckle, "It was good" I say and look around the ship and see no one

I feel Padme's hand in my hair and she inspects it, "Let's go, we have to get this sand off of you" she says and we walk to the Queens chambers.

"Cassie, it's good to have you back" the Queen says and I bow, "Thank you, your Highness" I tell her, "If you excuse me, your highness, we are going to get Cassie cleaned up" Padmé says and the Queen nods.

We walk to another room and she hands me the clothes I had on before I went out of the ship.

I change from the dirty clothes and go out, Padmé changes my hair from the up hairstyle I had and puts on the head veil. "Did something happened while I was gone?" I asked her, and she sighs, "We received a transmission from Governor Bibble, it was urgent" she told me

"The transmission is still here, right?" I ask her and she nods, "I want to hear it" I tell her and she sighs. "Go" she says and I get up from the seat.

I walk to the main area in the ship where the recordings are, I walk to the room and the lights are low, meaning that everyone else is asleep, I walk to a monitor and press a button.

Bibble recording appears, "...cut off all food supplies until you return...the death toll is catastrophic...we must bow to their wishes, Your Highness...Please tell us what to do! If you can hear us, Your Highness, you must contact me..." he says and I look at the floor as he disappears.

I feel some eyes on me and I look to my left, I see Anakin sitting in the corner watching me, "You alright?" I ask him and walk to him, "It's very cold" he says and I grab one of the covers we had here.

I sit in front of him and tuck him with the cover, "You're from a warm planet, Ani. Too warm for my taste. And space is cold" I tell him trying to get my mind off the recording, "You seem sad" he says.

I sigh and look at him, "The Queen is...worried. Her people are suffering...dying. She must convince the Senate to intervene, or...I'm not sure what will happen." I explain to him

"I'm...I'm not sure what's going to happen to me. I dunno if I'll ever see you again.." he says and pulls out something from his jacket. "I made this for you. So you'd remember me. I carved it out of a japor snippet... It will bring you good fortune." He hands it to me and I see it, it's a wooden pendant.

I pass my thumb through it and put the necklace around my neck.

"It's beautiful, but I don't need this to remember you. Many things will change when we reach the capital, Ani. My caring for you will always remain." I tell him

"I care for you too. Only I...miss..." he says but struggles in the end.

"...You miss your mother." I say realizing what he's going to say, he looks at me, and I hug him