Chapter 2 - I'll be "happy" with you!

Cherry POV
"Sorry James, you didn't make the cut." I had to break the news to another person here. His name was James and he was about 44 years old, the youngest in this competition yet. Not exactly my type, with him being super chubby having an overbite, living in his parents basement, and bragging that he is a Reddit moderator on 28 different subreddits.

Yeah, not exactly my type.

It was time for the next person. Only problem is there isn't anybody left in line. I mean, sure I could settle for these weird gross 50-60 year old men, but I think I may be meant for better. It's not like I even wanted to do this stupid thing, I'd rather just meet people and not have to compete.

But you don't defy daddy, you never defy daddy. So I just got my boombox and walked into here. It's terrible and-

"HEY! IM HERE!"

Some 19 year old looking person walked in. He seemed to have cyan hair once, but it was starting to fade into his natural blond. (Yes I know ninjamuffin said it was natural but it's not in this story.) It wasn't much, but it was something, I guess.

"Oh hey! You must be here for the competition right?"

"Uhhh yes...?" It sounded more like a question than a response.

"Alright! Just try to repeat after me! Let's start this song!"

I started the song with the usual left, right, etcetera. I finished my turn and signaled for him to repeat after me. He sort of sucked, though. It's not that nice to say, but who gets 6 misses on the first turn? I only put 4 notes to press!

He's hotter than the rest of the 60 year olds though. I suppose he gets a pass. I mean, not anything really special other than being younger but still. I do want him to win, though.

I heard a faint growl, along with a yell. Shit it's probably daddy. I didn't need him to come in, he wants me to date a "older guy" with "lots of money." But I don't really want to date some 60 year old, so I don't think I'll follow his advice.

He jumped in the stage looking mad as ever. "What is this piece of garbage doing here? My beautiful daughter doesn't associate with people like you, boy. You aren't welcome here." I expected Keith to flare up or something, but he just looked kinda shocked.

"Let's get you out of here now. I don't think you'll even be able to handle Bopeebo, so let's start with that." Uh oh, why didn't he just start with maybe fighting or something? Keith sucks at rapping!

The song started and Keith did semi well. He hit about 65% of the notes, which is better than I expected from him. He seemed pretty alright after the song, pretty nice!

But the next song is what made him almost lose. More specifically the beginning. Fresh started up and Keith almost lost at the start somehow, even though the song was on easy.

After that, though, Keith started getting into the rhythm! He did pretty great for the rest of the song! He even beat that same part later on in the song.

However, that's when dad started to get MAD! His eyes glowed like never before and I saw him starting another song. Dad battle started up and it was a toughie, even I couldn't beat it when I first learnt these songs. But somehow, by some miracle-

Keith POV (whoa! Two in one chapter!
I won?!

I wasn't complaining exactly, but geez, it was even on hard! But oh god, after that, daddy dearest was scary. His eyes glowed, his horns showed, he looked like a full on devil. And he would've killed me, but luckily for me, he was double booked for the day.

He stood, cursing at his watch, it was an important job too. "Damnit. Fine, you win, but I'll see you again soon." With that, he flew off into a cloud of smoke.

I couldn't believe it, I'd won! It was all so very nice too, I was about to be off the streets soon! Hey, yeah that's a good point too, when was I getting off the streets? I turned to Cherry and said. "Hey, when are we going to move in together? I don't mean to rush but-" She simply glanced over. "Oh! You're gonna need to win a few more weeks to get that! We need to get married first!

I'd planned on moving in right away, so this wasn't exactly good news for me. Sleeping on the street isn't comfortable, I prefer in a bed. I guess I'll just go lay down on the street. Maybe if I lay down long enough I'll get past these terrible days.

[dreams again]

I was immediately rushed to the hospital, mostly with Pico carrying me. He took me in and the doctor said he would get to it right away. I was in a coma for a while, and walking felt weird and uncomfortable. But Pico would always be there, supporting me, caring for me. At one moment, I was being told I was going to be fine, and he put his hand on mine.

I looked over and he had a bit of a blush, I felt my face heating up as well. Probably due to the heat, it was super hot in there. It was a moment of pure childhood bliss, nothing more...right?

[end]

I awoke, what a weird dream. How was I even thinking about Pico? I've long since forgotten about him. For him to be remembered this fondly by my brain, he must have been someone special. But if he was anything special in my mind, I wouldn't know it. Oh well, I have to get ready for my next week. From what I hear this next week is a tough one.

Word count: 1025

So I actually heard the weeks aren't in base order, but I need the fic to work so...just bare with me!