Chapter 5 - Week Three

(Important: PLEASE READ MY COMMUNITY POSTS TO KNOW WHY I WAS GONE)
Alright enough Keith x Cherry, let's get into the main course.
This picture is beautiful, and basically how this scenario will play out, minus supportive Cherry, of course.

Pico pov
"Keith?!"

I shouted this out in surprise next to my friends, Nene and Darnell. They both looked at me in confusion. Figures. I was dating Keith before I met them, and because being gay was considered "wrong" in our school, I mostly kept it a secret.

Even from friends.

Even most family.

Except my dads of course, when I sat them down and explained the whole thing, they weren't surprised. They even gave me a "did this really need to take up a whole afternoon" look. I don't know why I was nervous to tell them.

Me and Keith's dating time was great. We had no fights, lots of love, I protected him, and he would save my ass during tests. It was perfect, before the incident. Let's not think about that, and instead that I'm facing him soon!

I guess I'd have to do it eventually, but I really didn't want to! Keith probably holds a grudge, and I'm a mess right now! I haven't been exactly the same ever since we broke up.

But I had to accept it.

We were never getting back together.

I didn't want to let go and-

"Hello? Pico? You alive in there?" I heard a female-ish voice calling out. I immediately shot up and reassured them I was fine. "Good, damn, thought you died or some shit." Nene shot at me. I didn't even realize I had an angry face.

"You don't have to explode on us. Or if you do, get me some popcorn." Darnell said, enjoying every second of our argument. "Fuck off, both of you." I shot at both of them.

"Hey wait a sec," Nene perked up "who's this 'Keith' person you just mentioned?"

I didn't know what to say to her, obviously. It's not like she's homophobic or anything, neither is Darnell, but I still kept it a secret. I just told her that I really needed to shit.

"Uhh, Pico, I was just joking about exploding." Darnell yelled at me as I was entering the bathroom. I wasn't using the bathroom, though, I needed to think. What was I going to do? Maybe I didn't want that girl much, after all, I would have to face Keith to get her!

The chick was pretty hot though...agh! Fine! I guess I have to face him. But this isn't going to be some corny bullshit that 'I fall in love again' no, this is going to be real simple. I fight him, beat him, and take the girl with me.

I guess I've got some time to prepare though, so I'll just eat some breakfast In the meantime before the completion. I'm a pretty good cook, so it isn't that bad a breakfast either. Not my best work though.

My friends think otherwise.

"Damn carrots, didn't know you could cook!" Nene shouted at me

"True, you used to always say to have us cook something! Why did you when you had all this skill?" Darnell said with a full mouth.

I chuckled at them. "Well shit, I knew that if I revealed it to you guys, you would just eat all my food." I paused, looking at them. "And looks like I was right." While they were eating, I got up and looked in the mirror. My life was a mess. I sat on the bed to think.

That's why I wasn't ready to face him. That damn blue haired son of a bitch ruined my life. He made me not as trusting, I had attachment issues, nobody now from the school shooting lived that I knew.

But most of all...

There's no one else I've fallen in love with since.

Another thing was that i had no motivation anymore. Sure, I maintained good grades, college and all, but I didn't have anything I wanted to do with this degree. Who was I providing for, anyway? Surely i was too I pathetic to deserve a good job, right?

I basically lived life like a robot, going to my terrible part time job, smoking to ease the pain, sleep, and repeat.

This was until my friends took pity on me and we all moved in together.

I still had secrets, like Keith, but it was harder to be pathetic now.

I woke up from what I didn't even know was a dream until now. This meant that it was almost 20 minutes until the competition.

"Shit-" I yelled at the clock seeing the time.

I got up, drowned in cologne, and I was off. I actually got there a lot sooner than expected, so I decided to light one. In the distance, I could see Keith talking to that girl. It made me sick. I was just jealous, of course, but it felt like the right thing to be. How could he have moved on so quickly?

I jumped off the speakers, trying to have a grin on my face. "Heh, you couldn't resist me, huh? You just had to return to me, dint'cha?" I asked, with a sorta happy, sorta not face. "Fuck off, I'm just here to keep my girl." He retorted back at me, smug look on his face.

Why did I date this guy?

What did I see in him?

I jumped off the speakers to start the song. It was also because his (soon-to-be-mine) girl was giving me a death glare. I started up the first song, mostly with the whole "go Pico yeah yeah," shtick. It was an easy song, but I didn't want to go all out yet.

I remember that Keith sucked at singing and rapping, so why would I go all out? Turned out, he actually improved to keep his girl.

He never acted this defensive with me...

I quickly stepped up the pace, but by now, it was hopeless, and Keith won easily. He bested me and kept his girl. He was about to kiss her right after, but her phone rang. It was her dad or something, I didn't know, or care really.

He stayed around while I took out another smoke, probably to mock me or something. I humored him and stuck around anyways. He didn't seem to leave, and just sat down on a park bench, while I sat on this one side of this sketchy neighborhood park.

"Hey, Pico, you're in my spot."

That was ridiculous, this was public property in a shady area! Just tell Keith to go to his girls house and fuck her. I'm not responsible for anything, which is what I reminded him.

"No, Pico, I'm homeless." I heard a familiar voice say.

These words hit me like a train. He was...homeless? Did our break up hurt him too? I didn't like him, but I also didn't want him to suffer!

"Hey, you can stay at my house, for now." I didn't even recognize the words coming out of my mouth.

"U-uh, okay."

W: 1203