Chapter 17- Can You Keep Your Tops On?

I'm drawing my profile background. It's just a rough draft though ;-; I have to apply for college senior year so I looked up the requirements and I need to create a presentation board about two different seasonal based outfits. (I'm applying to the Fashion Institute of Technology.) I'm so nervous that I won't get accepted. And I don't even graduate until 2016 xD Any ideas on what the themes of the boards should be?

Matthew's POV

I can't believe I agreed to be here with Lance. During the whole ride, Angie would not stop touching my freaking thigh. I already rejected her once so why must I do it again? Then Jamie kept looking over at us. I wonder what she's thinking. First her best friend abandons her then the same person touches me. I don't even like Angelica that way! Why is she interested in me all of a sudden? Did Jamie tell her something?

"You're up." The lifeguard yawns and motions for me to step up. I sit down in the running water then push off when the guy blows the whistle. Jamie was waiting at the end of the slide, a smile on her face. She always looked so nice with her hair down...

"How was it? That's supposed to be the scariest water slide in the whole park." She asks as we start walking to the group, who were lounging around in the lazy river.

"I forget to pay attention I guess." I respond. She makes a noise.

"Got things on your mind?"

"You could say." Before she can ask me about it, Lance comes running over.

"Jamie! Let's go on this ride together! It's like a funnel..." Their voices trail off when they walk away. Jamie gives me one more look before turning out of sight.

Sighing, I start walking to the river and see the rest of the group just starting to round a corner. Jacob and Nicole were in a two seater tube which left me with Angie's tube, being that there were no more left.

"I saved this one for us!" She exclaims. I stare at her before replying.

"I'm fine with just swimming." I answer and she pouts but shrugs it off. "Can I ask you a question Angie?"

She nods. "Anything."

"Why? Why did you stop being friends with Jamie?" She rolls her eyes.

"Jamie? Seriously? She doesn't know the definition of fun even if it smacked her in the face. You understand, right?" She gives me a suggestive smile.

"Is that what you think of her?" She doesn't answer. "No. I don't understand. I believe Jamie is a person who has her own tastes and shouldn't be caught up with fake friends like you." With that said, I swim off.

Jamie's POV

I was beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable around Lance. While we were going down the slide-tunnel thing, he hands were really close to my chest. I understand how when going down a ride, one might hold another's waist. But that was definitely not my waist, no sir-ee. Then when walking back to the river, his hands 'accidentally' brushed my thigh. Maybe I should have chosen the skirt swimsuit to make myself less appealing? I don't know how that would be possible seeing as though I'm not that appealing.

"We can get in once everyone is closer." Lance tells me and we sit on the sides with our feet in the water. "I'm glad that you decided to come. This way we can get to know each other better." He starts leaning closer to me. Oh no. He's going to kiss me. What if my breathe smells? Wait no I don't want to kiss him. How do I stop this?!

"I've been wanting to talk to you about things for a while now but it seems as though you're always busy." He comes even closer. Nonono. Stop! His hand brushes my thigh lightly.