14

AN: A really dumb chapter, sorry.

I anxiously chewed on my nails as I waited, sat on my own couch for the first time since January. My mum was going to walk in any second now.

I didn't even know what I was so nervous for, it was just my mum after all.

A hand was placed on my bouncing knee, making me look up. "Relax, sweetheart," Zayn said softly.

"Sorry, Zee. I don't know why I'm so nervous."

"You don't need to apologize, I understand. You haven't seen your mum in months after all."

"I don't know how I'm gonna be able to not tell my mummy about us," I admitted.

"We are going to tell her, just not right away," Lou reminded me.

"I know. But I've never hidden anything from her before."

"If it makes you uncomfortable, you can tell her. You know we would never stop you."

"No, it's okay as long as we don't wait too long." At least I hoped. I hate lying, especially to my mum, and I'm very bad at it as well.

And then I heard the long awaited sound of the front door opening. As soon as the sound reached my ears I was pretty much running out of my seat.

"Mummy!" I called out before running into her arms. She dropped her suitcase to wrap her arms around me.

"Oh my sweet boy. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, mummy."

The hug lasted for several minutes. At least I think it did. But even the long hug full of closeness and her consuming smell couldn't make up for the months of missing her.

Once we let go she put her hands on my shoulders and just looked at me. You know, the thing grown ups sometimes do.

"Have you grown while I was gone?" she asked with a bright smile on her friendly face.

I giggled. "No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, mummy," I continued to laugh.

"Hello, Anne. Nice to have you back," Louis spoke up.

"Oh hello Louis, Zayn. It's really nice to be back home." She hugged both my boyfriends. I'm glad they get along, even if she doesn't know the truth yet.

"I'm going to spend the day with my son but how about we have dinner tomorrow evening and you can tell me all about what you guys did while I was gone?"

"Sounds great. Have a lovely day." Zayn agreed.

We all said our goodbyes and the three of us might have sneaked in some kisses before they left.

Once they were out the door, mummy turned to face me. "So what should we do today?" she asked, smiling.

"Can we make some muffins?" I've been wanting some all morning and Zayn had refused to make them for me.

"Of course. I guess we have to go to the store then. Go ahead and get dressed, I'll wait in the car."

I did just that. I put on a hoodie I may or may not have stolen from one of my boyfriends and a jean jacket. I thought I looked cute.

The ride to the store was just a few minutes. During that time mummy told me about the time she spent at nana's house. It sounded quite boring to be honest and, as rude as it makes me sound, I was glad I didn't have to go with and could stay here instead.